Stone Age: The Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expansion: merchant track and new building tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristina Romanova
Estonia
flag msg tools
Hi!

Gave expansion a try and got 2 confusions after the very first game and found no answer in the rules book, please help to clarify.

1. Merchant track - (to simplify my question, let's imagine that I already am on a "4", which allows me to trade in 1:1 ratio), may I trade more than 1 jewellery/resource while trading? I know I can trade only once per round, but what if for example I need 2 gold, may I trade 2 jewellery for 2 gold, or only 1 jewellery for 1 gold? In other words is there a quantitative limit on how many items I can trade per trading session? What if I get 1-7 building and have a pile of jewellery, would I be able to trade as much as I need for gold? It sound too good to be true, hence the question.

2. New building tiles - the ones that allow to produce wood/gold from my own player board with a better return (the ones that have 3 circles on them to accommodate 3 workers); my question is - if the game is played with less players, let's say 2, then certain limitations apply towards how many players may place workers on resources (in the game of 2 players, only 1 player at a time may place workers for example for wood, if that is already done, the other player may not add for wood and has to seeks other solution). Is the same rule also applied for these buildings or not? Let's say it's a 2 player game and my opponent placed workers for wood on the main board, but I have this new building tile on my personal board that allows me to send 3 workers for wood, may I still use it then or not? I mean doesn't this building tile become then very powerful by adding 3 additional places for workers, with a better return and always available? Also sounds too good to be true, so I need a confirmation.

Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Trading once per round means one item per round. So you're right, you're example IS too good to be true. Trading is still a pretty valuable ability though.
2) These tiles don't affect the limit of the number of players going to the normal resource areas on the board. In a two player game, you could place people on your tile, while the opposing player could place people on the wood spaces on the main board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristina Romanova
Estonia
flag msg tools
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Stone Age to Stone Age: The Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had a question about 'once per round'.

Say, for the sake of argument, ihave a whole boatload of teeth and a tribe meeple on every single card/hut availablr.

In that example, could i trade (assumng 1:1 trading) one tooth for a missing resource on EACH of them, or only one tooth TOTAL for that entire resolution round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
I also had a question about 'once per round'.

Say, for the sake of argument, ihave a whole boatload of teeth and a tribe meeple on every single card/hut availablr.

In that example, could i trade (assumng 1:1 trading) one tooth for a missing resource on EACH of them, or only one tooth TOTAL for that entire resolution round?

One tooth total. The German rules, at least, are clear: it's one trade in your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls