Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I understand that you get to play power cards instead of a location card, but my question is does that power card slide your current location card one space over on the trail? I know the leftmost card is always your location but if a power card slides it over it seems kind of odd? Or does that power card get played on top of your current location card? I dont have the rules with me so if it spelled out in the book I am sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: question about pmaying power cards.
Hello.

Neither the "Learn to Play" or the "Rules Reference" use the words "slide the other location cards when you play a Power Card in lieu of a new Location Card." But, the Rules Reference does note that you do play a Power Card instead of a Location Card, and that two of the Power Cards, (Wolf Form and Misdirect), are played & placed along with a new Location Card.

It is my interpretation then that, yes, the Dracula player would slide any per-existing Hideouts along The Trail. Because, like Hideouts, Power Cards do not mature until they have moved the full length of The Trail.

Also, don't forget that both the Learn to Play and Rules Reference books are available as free downloads from the Fantasy Flight Games website.
Here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fury-of-dracu... in the Support section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonHook wrote:
Hello.

Neither the "Learn to Play" or the "Rules Reference" use the words "slide the other location cards when you play a Power Card in lieu of a new Location Card." But, the Rules Reference does note that you do play a Power Card instead of a Location Card, and that two of the Power Cards, (Wolf Form and Misdirect), are played & placed along with a new Location Card.

It is my interpretation then that, yes, the Dracula player would slide any per-existing Hideouts along The Trail. Because, like Hideouts, Power Cards do not mature until they have moved the full length of The Trail.

Great deductive reasoning! Would that the rulebook didn't require teasing out "implicit rules".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before you play any location card (or power card instead), you always slide all the cards right one space and possibly mature encounter cards on hideouts that slid off the right side. You then play the location card (or power card) in the empty left-hand slot.
This is in 'Dracula Phase' on Page 7 of the Rules Reference and in 'What is the Trail?' on page 8 of the Learn to Play guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I just read the power card section of the reference and you are right, it doesn't really say if you push the location cards over or not. By "maturing" you mean the power card sliding off of the trail.and going back into your hand, correct? Because I thought the cards effect takes place immediately when you play them, meaning they don't have to "mature" before they work, correct? It just seems weird that the book talks about your current location being the left most card, but then you can slide your current location down the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the responses, now does anyone know how to edit the thread title? I just realized I had a typo on my header(I was typing on my phone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pathosis wrote:
Thanks again for the responses, now does anyone know how to edit the thread title? I just realized I had a typo on my header(I was typing on my phone).

Yep, just click "edit" on your original post and edit the subject line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, thanks. I have no clue why I didn't notice that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.