Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have recently moved to Cwmavon, near Port Talbot.

Is there any gamers/gaming groups within reasonable travelling distance? I am mainly a WW2 buff, but I like playing games across most genres, so if anybody is out there ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Rod
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
What's a reasonable distance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
Wales
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
badge
I iz a soot sprite.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from Pontardawe, and work in Baglan.

Wargaming is something I'd like to have a go at (I've played some, but my group mostly plays Euros) - maybe we can arrange something?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bongo_clive wrote:
What's a reasonable distance?

For me, it would have to be within bus or train range ... it all depends on where people are really. Ideally, it would be great if there were any gamers within the area bounded by Bridgend, Swansea and north of Port Talbot.

I figured I might get lucky and find some local gamers ... local being a relative word of course thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welshmilla wrote:
I'm from Pontardawe, and work in Baglan.

Wargaming is something I'd like to have a go at (I've played some, but my group mostly plays Euros) - maybe we can arrange something?

Andrew

I am new to south Wales Andrew. Is Pontardawe on the outskirts of Swansea? (Forgive my geographical ignorance). I am limited to public transport, but if we are near enough, we could maybe figure something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
Wales
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
badge
I iz a soot sprite.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's up the Swansea valley. It's about a half hour's drive from Cwmavon. I work in Baglan which is about 12 minutes from Cwmavon (so I could do a session after work).

I have a car so I'm happy to drive to you, if you don't mind hosting? I don't have room at the moment to host at my place.

You might also want to look at Swansea Wargames Club (mostly miniatures gaming, with some Euros), and The Gamer's Emporium, who host different games evenings, though if you are limited to public transport these might be hard to get to.

In the other direction, Cardiff has a board game shop called Rules of Play who I think also host board game events, and in Chapter Arts there are some boardgamers who meet on a Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Large
Wales
Pontyclun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Rules of Play shop is based in the Castle Arcade Cardiff :- the Games night they run is on a Monday in the "Urban Taphouse" which is opposite the Millennium stadium on Westgate Street :

http://www.urbantaphouse.co.uk/cardiff/events/board-game-nig...

I haven't been so can't comment on the games played but can vouch for the quality of the beer in the tap house.

Cheers

Dave
[rgmw]largie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony harris
United Kingdom
Llanelli
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravity station host a monthly boardgames bar - on Feb 10th this month. This pub is in Swansea and Co run by gamers emporium. There is a monthly boardgames meet at firestorm in Cardiff (10 mins from central station) on 1st sat of month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geraint & Rhyannon
Wales
Briton Ferry
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doug - we live in Briton Ferry, just a couple of junctions down the M4 from Port Talbot. We haven't been able to get a regular group going for a while due to having work on the house, but we're coming through the worst of that now so should be able to organise meet ups again. Let me know if you want to play sometime and I can add you to the Facebook group I created to try and organise some game sessions.

On the same topic, I owe an apology to Andrew (above) as we were due to meet with him for games at some point but have been unable to due to the works I mentioned above, and have only really been gaming with others outside of our home. Sorry Andrew - the invitation still stands, hope we're able to meet now that our house is slightly more habitable!

Also +1 to the Gravity Station nights, good company, good beer, good service. The next one is on the 10th of February at 6pm if you want to come along. I'll be there with a few games, plus the Emporium bring a selection from their library

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
Wales
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
badge
I iz a soot sprite.
mbmbmbmbmb
goinghalvesongames wrote:
On the same topic, I owe an apology to Andrew (above) as we were due to meet with him for games at some point but have been unable to due to the works I mentioned above, and have only really been gaming with others outside of our home. Sorry Andrew - the invitation still stands, hope we're able to meet now that our house is slightly more habitable!

No problem! Just let me know when you're organising something and I'll see if I can make it.

I haven't been to any of the Gravity Station events yet - they always seem to clash with something else I'm doing. It's a great place though if you're into your craft beer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doug , have sent you a message about our gaming group in Port Talbot.
Cheers Jace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.