Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I noticed CSI is listing a forthcoming Jolly Roger reprint of Kremlin. Will this new reprint fix the error on the board and/or provide a corrected rule book of any kind? Even though I was a Kickstarter backer, I love the game enough to buy a fresh copy if all the mistakes have been fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:

I noticed CSI is listing a forthcoming Jolly Roger reprint of Kremlin. Will this new reprint fix the error on the board and/or provide a corrected rule book of any kind? Even though I was a Kickstarter backer, I love the game enough to buy a fresh copy if all the mistakes have been fixed.

And more importantly, does this mean that those of us with the previous Jolly Roger print of this are able to get the corrected cards again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it comes with a new rule book. My preference would be they just give one way to play. With variants to play with the other politicians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

And more importantly, does this mean that those of us with the previous Jolly Roger print of this are able to get the corrected cards again?

Great question. At this point I'd even throw him a few dollars for a fix pack.

I know he went radio silent after the uproar over the first printing, but hopefully we'll receive some form of communication now, even if just to tell us we're still out of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems UltraPro now owns Jolly Roger Games. So the games appearing in stores now must be either:

(1) Former Jolly Roger stock acquired during company acquisition

(2) A straight reprint of the previous error-ridden version

(3) A fixed up reprint

I emailed UltraPro to see if they can shed any light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any response yet from UltraPro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received a reply from Ultra Pro today:

Quote:
Yes, the new copy of Kremlin will appear in stores with the corrected printing errors.

I'm actually curious enough now to consider ordering a copy from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy of the reprint from MiniatureMarket.

As per the instruction book, inventory seems good.
That is:
-ONE die.
-108 Intrigue Cards.
-52 Politician Cards.
-Influence Record Pad.
-Player Reference & Health Table (the instructions only use the singular, ie ONE table, but the game includes FIVE for a six player game).
-Game Board.

I haven't seen the problematic game board, but from what I've read, the "Kremlin" title graphic covered the "Party Chief" rule reminder. In THIS board, their does not appear to be any such issue (but I've never played, and never seen the previous Jolly Roger version).

Under "Party Chief" on the board, the game does say "6: May change Politburo members within same level. (1 SP)" which I read somewhere is incorrect, and that SHOULD read ZERO SP. But I don't know if that's a genuine error or not, not being familiar with the game.
Otherwise, the "Party Chief" image on the board shows lines 1,6, and 8, with the 8 line clearly showing:
"Healthy Party Chief Waves
Sick (+) +1SP; Wave requires role >=7.
Ill (++) +2SP; Wave requires roll >=14."

Intrigue cards 27-34, 47-49, 71, 78, 95, 96, 106 have red text (not the TITLE of the card itself, just the body of the text... I've never played, so forgive me if irrelevant detail), which I think are the errata'd cards. So they appear to be already in the game.

From https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1183203/errata-and-edit...
rules errata written, NONE of these erratas are integrated in my copy of the game and so it does NOT appear the rulebook was tweaked, nor the typo in Intrigue card 03 fixed:

"Rules
1. On Page 6 Under Increasing Influence, the phrase, "or may play one point and play one card." should read "or may play one point and draw one card."
2. The rulebook is unclear on what happens in the Standard game to the target of a successful purge. That politician is sent to Siberia.

Hand Size Limit
Each player can have a maximum of 3 unplayed Intrigue cards.

Standard game set up
Says to "arrange the remaining politicians in order of age. Take the first four of these..." I think it should state the four oldest or say to arrange oldest to youngest or something like that. That's what the AH rules suggest.

Phase 5 Funeral Commission
Should we add that if the Acting Foreign Minister has no IP on him, his nomination will be for the oldest eligible politician? This was in AH & Swiss rules.

Kickstarter Politicians
We need some rules for these extra guys. Some of them have the same age as existing (which causes problems) and it isn't clear if you just add them or what.

"Plain" Intrigue Cards
This is referring to the red top cards 1-36

Intrigue card #3 Assassination Attempt
Change second sentence to read "If the result is one lower than his Purge rating, the politician receives ++. If it is two lower, he receives +."

So that's what I got with this recent purchase!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the JollyRogers version?

All previous versions prior to JR made it that it didn't cost the PC any SPs if he moved people around within their level. Is this an error for the JR version? Depends if that was an intentional change or not. I think it's best to keep it at 0SPs. No need that I can see to weaken that position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is the Jolly Rogers version, reREprinted with description as per my post.

If you have any specific questions about what's in the box, I'm happy to answer them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... No reason to pick this re-reprint up then. Disappointing. WTF, Ultra Pro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
Hmmm... No reason to pick this re-reprint up then. Disappointing. WTF, Ultra Pro?

That's what I was trying to ask. I'm not sure it's clear that it is the new ultra pro run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game, but jeez, it's work to get set up and make sure you're playing one version...correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.