Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Spreadsheet I made today.
Has points, throw outs, upcoming tracks and constructor race.
This is the league we are using the real life team cars for in the files section.
Hopefully at least interesting to look at.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lbALlNk27m1662RW90np...

Wakrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f homess

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do racers use different constructors each race? Otherwise, I don't quite follow the scoring.

Here's our website: Silver Bullet Memorial Racing League

I'd be curious to see what others have done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Players draft/auction a 'real life' team each race using the special powers for that team we created (team cards we use with powers are in the files section).

The Constructor Award is a real life award given to top car model using some rating system. We are keeping track merely for fun, other that some bragging rights for the player that played them the most/best to get them there.

The second chart is our actual player standings with 1, 2, and 3 throw outs all shown in a separate column. At the end of the 11 races each player must throw out their 3 worst scores.

We always play with all 10 cars. The lowest season standing players get to run two cars each and get to take the better score of the two. This is our catch up mechanism. Also if someone loses their last car they get to take over the highest second placed car of a another player (if there are any left).
This way no one is sitting around watching for two long if they get unlucky.

In our league we struggled at first with what we, the players, really are. We aren't a specific racer. We aren't are specific team. We decided we are sponsors that back various teams through out the season.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My website: FD Århus

I have made it so that the database underneath can support other leagues, and I am currently working on improving the administrative tools in order to allow leage admins to update the site without my intervention.
Currently, I am hosting two of my own competitions (league + occasional 1-day cup) as well as one other league.

I hope someday to be able to offer this to other leagues that do not want to spend a lot of time designing and maintaining their own site and can live with the (mainly design) limitations of mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apart from that shameless slef promotion: nice sites, guys :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Leys
Belgium
Weerde
flag msg tools
mb
Self promotion, Niels
You can follow our league at the same website of Niels and we are very glad he gave us that opportunity. A great thank you and 3 times Hoera from Belgium to Niels!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.