Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Military Takeover/ OBK Conspiracy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Smith

Essex Junction
Vermont
msg tools
I am a little unclear as to how to pull off the OBK conspiracy leading to a Military Takeover and possibly a separate peace. So, have a few questions.

First, under what circumstances is this a viable option

Second, what are the advantages and disadvantages

Third, is the real purpose so you can possibly get an armistice on one front while being able to shore up or attack on the other?

How does it play with either SS Europa or Festung?

And finally I am unclear on the placement of truce and armistice markers and how long they remain on the board

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is useful (but desperate) if you foresee a failed SS Europa attempt. Basically SS Europa is used when you want to go for an auto victory as the Axis, but if it fails, you won't have the fortresses you desperately need when the allies turn the tables. I suppose it could also be used after Festung Europa for the truce effect as well, to halt an offensive for a short (but critical time, esp in summer).

Not only that, the VP situation becomes dire, because all the allies need is a 0 VP strategic value to win. Usually in playing the alternative, Festung Europa, the allies will need a -9 strategic value to win.

By achieving a military takeover, the Axis removes the SS marker and places Festung marker in it's place.

The Axis faction must do all of the following:
 If the SS Europa marker is on the VP Track, replace it with the No Retreat marker. (hence getting a 'freeze' on where the allies need to get to win)
 Place a Military Takeover marker in the Strategic Warfare Box. (which acts like a new strategic objective for the allies)

However, one must wait for a high USCL in order to get the die roll modifiers needed to be able to roll a Military takeover. Plus, it will add a -1 to the strategic value by being in the SR box. So the timing of playing the Conspiracy can be delicate, and as usual, there are rarely any guarantees of getting what you want. Plus rolling the Coup Attempt instead (probably equally likely) is a nasty result.

[edit] Reassess Policies and Armistice can be reduced step by step by any faction on either seasonal turns or, in the case of negotiation makers, any turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Smith

Essex Junction
Vermont
msg tools
Thanks for the reply and description. Certainly added much needed clarification. Definitely playing the Conspiracy and Military Takeover does not look as easy as I first thought...and requires perfect timing and a bit of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.