Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JakAnze
United States
La Vista
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played my first game with BS, P&BH, Breakin Atmo, and Kalidasa. The game was great and having the new contacts, especially Fanty and Mingo with their double jobs was a great addition. Having to scramble mid job for extra cargo or fearful of loosing cargo was a great bonus to game play. However we had a question about the Breakin Atmo cards. One of the players got the card Talkin' All Respectable-like, a Crime job from Badger. It has two misbehaves, plus it pays 500 per diplomacy on the job. It also has a Grifter bonus of 500, with the job being started and completed at Aesir Himinbjorg.

So here are the problems: First of all its a short fly to that point from badger, not a big deal but makes it a good job. Second its a crime job so a player doesn't have to "reveal" their job by placing it in an active slot until they have arrived at location (No one could see our impending doom and send Reavers their way). Third it pays a TON, the player had two Grifters so they got 1000 dollars, 500 for finishing the Job, 11X 500 for diplomacy from crew stats and weapons/items held Grossing 7,000 grand from one Job. We were playing a money run mission, so they easily won.

We sort of felt like that card, and many of the Breakin Atmo cards that pay per skill on the job are kind of broken. Does anyone else feel this way? I know they could have had bad luck on the misbehave cards but most good crime jobs only get a person half that much money before paying crew. Thoughts? Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You did one minor things incorrectly: bonuses like the Grifter bonus only pay once, regardless of how many you have.

I agree that the jobs from Breakin' Atmo can be powerful... IF you have the right Crew. And IF you find the right jobs at the right time. In a sense, I view these jobs as somewhat like prizes that you stumble upon, not unlike the crew of Serenity...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having 11 Negotiate is pretty lopsided, and could have gone badly if there'd been a Fight/Tech misbehave...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
Having 11 Negotiate is pretty lopsided, and could have gone badly if there'd been a Fight/Tech misbehave...

(of course, things could have still gone badly if there'd been TWO Fight/Tech misbehaves.....

Speaking of which, the card states that a Fight could be Negotiated "once per job". Say you're attempting a job, use Sheydra to talk your way out of a fight, but then botch the job. Next turn, you make another attempt at the job. Is Sheydra's ability unavailable, since you are still working the same job card? Or does it reset on the botch, since you are doing another Work Action? (this isn't really a Kalidasa question, it just popped into my head when I went to post this response)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would interpret it as "Once per Work Action when Working a Job" (as opposed to a Goal)... but who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to be once per Work Action. Otherwise if you had a Warrant issued on say your next Misbehave after using Sheydra, and another player picked up the same Job and somehow ended up with Sheydra on their Crew they could not use her ability again when thy attempt the Job because the text also does not specify that it has to be the same player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unless that would be considered a separate job, since the card had returned to the contact's pile and all.

I do think ruling it as "once per Work Action" would make for a cleaner ruling (with the stipulation that it only applies to Job tests)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.