Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Twilight Struggle CE / Churchill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Parsons
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it'd be possible to enchain a whole sequence of historical games, perhaps beginning with something like Tigris & Euphrates, working through ancient Roman empire, mediæval, Napoleonic, and First World War games, then dovetailing into H Sparks' suggestions, before rounding off in something 'space age'.

Probably not, though, for if outcomes of early games diverged too much from history, the entire premise of more modern games would be fatally undermined. If the Persians had defeated the Greeks, or Harold won at Hastings, or D-Day failed, the world would be very different at every stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Straying into Civ-game territory and beyond, you might be interested to take a look at BIOS: Origins. This chains together a sequence of scientific-history based games which could even go back as far as Bios: Genesis to replicate the rise of multi-cellular life through to extra-solar-system colonization through the futuristic game High Frontier (3rd edition).

On a more prosaic note, I've been playing through my wargames selection in chronological order, which I have posted in Wargaming in Chronological Order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Glenhaber
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably chain Here I Stand to Virgin Queen to some colonialism game to Washington's War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swanstuff wrote:
I wonder if it'd be possible to enchain a whole sequence of historical games, perhaps beginning with something like Tigris & Euphrates, working through ancient Roman empire, mediæval, Napoleonic, and First World War games, then dovetailing into H Sparks' suggestions, before rounding off in something 'space age'.

NO.

swanstuff wrote:
...if outcomes of early games diverged too much from history, the entire premise of more modern games would be fatally undermined...

Because that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kukailimoku wrote:
swanstuff wrote:

NO.

swanstuff wrote:
...if outcomes of early games diverged too much from history, the entire premise of more modern games would be fatally undermined...

Because that.

Or, if some game got really outta hand, your next game could be Planet of the Apes (or fill-in-the-blank)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kukailimoku wrote:
Kukailimoku wrote:
swanstuff wrote:

NO.

swanstuff wrote:

Because that.

Or, if some game got really outta hand, your next game could be Planet of the Apes (or fill-in-the-blank)

Or, you would have to play Avalon Hill's Arab-Israeli Wars game using Planet of the Apes counters, followed by Klingon intervention in Twilight Struggle.

The OP is just not possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slashing wrote:
Straying into Civ-game territory and beyond, you might be interested to take a look at BIOS: Origins. This chains together a sequence of scientific-history based games which could even go back as far as Bios: Genesis to replicate the rise of multi-cellular life through to extra-solar-system colonization through the futuristic game High Frontier (3rd edition).

On a more prosaic note, I've been playing through my wargames selection in chronological order, which I have posted in Wargaming in Chronological Order.

But not the OP's question. Looking at your other thread, you didn't parlay the ending of one sequence to informing the set up of the following era's game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Indeed, but the original OP deleted the first post for some reason!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.