Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [amazon.de] Chicago Express - EUR 11.78
Ordered both, £22.60 with delivery, cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I ordered Chicago Express from amazon.de it was the dual-language version too, so came with English instructions.

That said, that was well over a year ago now and still haven't got it to the table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicago Express is a great deal. Heard very little positive about Parfum though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jones
United Kingdom
Hertford
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Still waiting for my delivery of Parfum, did it come with English instructions by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Howarth
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got mine last night, very nice production.

Don't believe you can deny dice from your opponents, you select the dice you want to roll then roll them and return them to the pool before the next players selects - "In the order determined by their wake up time, each player now completes the entire 2nd phase."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Chilton
United Kingdom
Oldbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
s8njones wrote:
Still waiting for my delivery of Parfum, did it come with English instructions by any chance?

Nope, no English instructions in mine. They're available here though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today also no English instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sucklead wrote:

Really? That can't be true. German version with German instructions, what a nonsense!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

Really? That can't be true.

Chicago Express came with multi-language rules, Parfum with German only, both ordered on the back of these posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

Chicago Express came with multi-language rules, Parfum with German only, both ordered on the back of these posts.

Yes, because Chicago Express is multi-language version and Parfum is not. You know, you could READ THE DESCRIPTION before buying, right? Click on the link above and just read, so next time you'll have a hot water like the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

Yes, because Chicago Express is multi-language version and Parfum is not. You know, you could READ THE DESCRIPTION before buying, right? Click on the link above and just read, so next time you'll have a hot water like the rest of us.

If you read back, someone asked if it came with English instructions and two people kindly replied. You dived in with what I can only assume was an attempt at sarcasm laced humour, failed and then edited your post multiple times.

I'm fully aware of which versions I ordered thanks, so save your advice and whatever you mean by 'hot water'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

If you read back, someone asked if it came with English instructions and two people kindly replied. You dived in with what I can only assume was an attempt at sarcasm laced humour, failed and then edited your post multiple times.

I'm fully aware of which versions I ordered thanks, so save your advice and whatever you mean by 'hot water'.

Really, if you knew everything why don't you replied to the first person and tell him that there is no chance for English instructions, because it's German version only?
So now I'm aware that you knew everything and you kept it for yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

Really, if you knew everything why don't you replied to the first person and tell him that there is no chance for English instructions, because it's German version only?

My reply was in response to your 'Really, this can't be true comment', the one I replied to before you then edited it. I was fully aware that the original question had been answered, so I helpfully clarified it for you (before you then edited your question). My quote of you clearly shows what your original question was, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say antagonistic troll.

sonny_get_a_life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jones
United Kingdom
Hertford
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
It was me who asked if the game came with English instructions, I only ask as it was a gift for an 9 year old child. To those kind enough to answer many thanks, and to the sarcastic troll please try harder, all your comment got out of me was a yawn. Again thanks to those who answered my query.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny_life wrote:
sucklead wrote:

My reply was in response to your 'Really, this can't be true comment', the one I replied to before you then edited it. I was fully aware that the original question had been answered, so I helpfully clarified it for you (before you then edited your question). My quote of you clearly shows what your original question was, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say antagonistic troll.

sonny_get_a_life

Hahahahahaha, Really? Your absolute lack of a sense of humor says everything. I tried to avoid this "edit" question, but here it is:
Original post: "Really?"
Edit 1: "Really? Tht can't be true."
Edit 2: "Really? That can't be true."
Edit 3: "Really? That can't be true. German version with German instructions, what a nonsense!!!"
And of course I forgot to post some emoticons at the end. That's my bad.
Unfortunately I can't help you with the humor part, if you are a hater, you are a hater. So please be reasonable and stop this harsh tone!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boring thread is boring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
s8njones wrote:
It was me who asked if the game came with English instructions, I only ask as it was a gift for an 9 year old child. To those kind enough to answer many thanks, and to the sarcastic troll please try harder, all your comment got out of me was a yawn. Again thanks to those who answered my query.

The right answer is given by the Steve here:
heavyriffs wrote:

and it's given because of the mine comment here:
sonny_life wrote:

You got your closest answer by Peter here:
pchilton2002 wrote:
Nope, no English instructions in mine. They're available here though.

If anybody ever red the description above will know that there is no point to reply after the last comment by Peter. But the replies with the same context continued. This includes Nick, me and Steve.
Hope this clarifies the whole thing. I'll follow the advice given above and "sonny_get_a_life".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
Boring thread is boring

I can't agree more.
The Parfum's price is still very good. I strongly suggest to buy it, if there is a chance to like the Fresco. I think the Parfum is some king of light Fresco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonny-life, contemplating his next humour filled and constructive post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
sonny-life, contemplating his next humour filled and constructive post.

Really? You can't stop, can you?

heavyriffs, exited from sonny_life's last comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*exited=excited, I know you'll see some conspiracy here, if I just click edit and correct my typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.