9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Xindi Weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone messed around with this piece yet? I am bringing it to my temporal cold war 2 OP, on Saturday, pairing it with a double scimitar. Does anyone think this will be seen at regionals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used it for the first time last night in a casual game... lot of fun, though it takes awhile to get used to running a large base again.

This was my build - used it with Protocol. (double Battlestations - one for offense and one for defense)

Weapon Zero [Weapon Zero] (30)
Kiaphet Amman'sor [Azati Prime] (3)
Pavel Chekov [U.S.S. Reliant] (4)
Polarized Hull Plating [I.R.W. Praetus] (3)
Total (40)

Protocol (5)

Fleet total: 45

Generated by Space Dock for Mac
http://spacedockapp.org

Kiaphet lets you re-roll blanks on defense, and Chekov lets you get rid of the Aux (from rolling defense) with white maneuvers. (which it has a hard white 2 turn - crazy for something this size) I found myself using the hard 2 for most of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get yours? I -think- CSI hasn't gotten their shipment yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from Miniature Market - ordered back in early December, and the order was delayed until it came out.

If you can't find it, my local store has two in stock and they ship. (that's where we were playing last night) They marked it down to $34.99, so unfortunately not CoolStuff prices.

EDIT: Just checked and MiniatureMarket.com has "20+ in stock" at $26.59, so with their flat rate shipping, it'd be cheaper than my local store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine at my FLGS.

I am going to run my Xindi with just the captain it comes with so I can bring protocol. The Scimitars are the normal 90 pt builds. One with starter Picard and cloaked mines, the other with Gul Madred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used mine yet but ordered it from WWW.MEEPLEMART.COM as I live in Canada.

EDIT: Bonus shot of my repainted Kumari, NX-01 and my nearly done Xindi Weapon (sub layer needs some more work) which I've corrected its facing a bunch on and centered it better from the retail model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! That's my only complaint about Weapon Zero... off center peg mount makes it very wobbly/wonky to move around.

Even my 8 year old daughter asked why it wasn't in the center tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing around with this ship (but not in a real game yet). It has good hull but no shields which limits its durability. Also the big weapons really debilitate the ship and its impossible to use the arming sequence (that does the crippling) after you have your aux tokens. I'm trying to get a handle on the best way to use it.

The original Xindi "Prototype Weapon" card (from Azati Prime) had you discarding your captain which seems pretty annoying. The one that comes with the Weapon Zero doesn't do that but it too is a discard. Still, it seems like maybe one way to employ it (assuming you wanted to use both of these) might be to use the arming sequence to inch forward and as soon as you got in range of the Weapon Zero version of the blast upgrade, you use that to skewer at least two of the opposing ships. Then next turn, you use the Prototype Weapon to do it again on lower dice (losing your captain). Then you spend the rest of the game accumulation Aux tokens and not doing actions but still getting 6 dice.

Or you forget about Prototype Weapon and just do the blast effect once with as many dice as you can manage, and then spend the rest of the game firing 6 unmodified dice with an ever increasing number of aux tokens.

Or is there a better way? Yes I know that using Checkov could mitigate this, but I'm kind of talking about staying within faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
I haven't used mine yet but ordered it from WWW.MEEPLEMART.COM as I live in Canada.

EDIT: Bonus shot of my repainted Kumari, NX-01 and my nearly done Xindi Weapon (sub layer needs some more work) which I've corrected its facing a bunch on and centered it better from the retail model.

Looks like you've done something to the Kumari -- looks like a black wash and some painted windows? Looks nice. You also did much the same on the NX (as did I). I also bought some smaller NXs from Shapeways on the theory that the ship was a little large in comparison to some other ships but that's just for fun. I think they both look really good. Weapon Zero already looks pretty good. Not sure what else you'd do. If you were crazy you might try to figure out how to get LEDs inside but I think it looks pretty good as it comes in the package. The Kumari though needs more than just a blank silver paintjob. Good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.