Thumb up
1 Posts

El Grande» Forums » Sessions

Subject: El Grande session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
As yes El Grande-the main game of the night. Well Al, Jeff, Richard and I became Grande’s of spain and we tried to control it with our cabelleros-you with me still-I think this game has a wonderful blend of thinking, and screwage to make it enjoyable but I wouldn’t want to play this every week. You bid on your position for taking action cards and that controls how many cabelleros you can bring from your court as well as placed into Spain. The action cards allow you to mess with the “political” environment in Spain.

Unfortunately I think it had too much thinking because Rich never broke into a Spanish accent once. Rich took a very early and commanding lead indicating that he had command of the game very early on. Let’s just say the man knows how to bluff well as he didn’t garner many more points after that early flurry of activity-monarch butterfly style-he was gone in three more rounds.

Jeff had a look of a nobel prize winner thinking about what to say after being duly surprised for winning the award for studies into the cross breeding of the foosa and lemur due to deforestation, and this being the peace prize. But I’ve seen that look before and it was a look of synapses snapping into place. I basically kept Al and Jeff honest while they had a ding dong battle. There were some fun moments like bluffing and double bluffing and me out bluffing myself and the typical picking on Al-if it’s not my son its my wife-do you guys know that I’m too big for our couch. But in the end, and it came down to the last round, Jeff was the Grande of all Grandes in Spain by a couple of points from Al and then followed by me and Rich not much more ahead of his original tally.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.