Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read an explanation of this but now I can't find it, so three questions:

Does tactician work on a 360 arc like the Falcon's? Or only through the primary arc?

Say the closest point of an enemy is at range 1, but another part of the enemy is at range 2. Does tactician kick in?m

If a ship has gunner and tactician and the first shot misses, does the target receive stress on both the first shot and the second shot (i.e. two stress)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Falcon does not have a 360° arc. There are no ships with a 360° arc. The Falcon's sole arc is the printed ~85° arc. Some ships have one or more Auxiliary arcs, which work with things like Tactician which care about arcs, but the Falcon isn't one of them. What it has is a Primary Weapon Turret, which allows it to fire its primary weapon at ships outside of its arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Aswered here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/199766-ffg-em...

Quote:
Tactician uses the phrase “inside of arc at Range 2.” This specific phrase is going to be clarified in the upcoming FAQ. This phrase is saying specifically that the closest point (when measured inside firing arc) is Range 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Correction, right, it works on ships with auxiliary arcs like the Hounds Tooth or the Firespray.
Not unless that closest point is outside the firing arc and the only parts of it within your firing arc are at range 2. I mean.... it's literally written on the card: "At range 2"
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Aggerholm
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
The Falcon does not have a 360° arc. There are no ships with a 360° arc. The Falcon's sole arc is the printed ~85° arc. Some ships have one or more Auxiliary arcs, which work with things like Tactician which care about arcs, but the Falcon isn't one of them. What it has is a Primary Weapon Turret, which allows it to fire its primary weapon at ships outside of its arc.

This is correct. It only works in your primary firing arc and then only at range two against ships you're firing at.

It's also correct that you could use Gunner and the defender would take a stress for each shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starburst Q
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
Yes. Not unless that closest point is outside the firing arc and the only parts of it within your firing arc are at range 2.

Which is weird if you think about it thematically:

Fleeing TIE fighter getting chased down by an B-Wing. B-Wing can either turn lazily to the right and get a good, clean, easy shot at range 1, or stay moving forward and shoot haphazardly at the front corner of the ship at range 2. It's hard to make such complex tactical decisions in the heat of battle...

Pilot: "Help me tactician, your my only hope!"
Tactician: "Heroes aren't made with easy shots pilot! Shoot at him at an awkward angle at a greater distance and pray that his highly maneuverable ship doesn't float slightly to the right out of range. Only then will I help you."
Pilot: "Thanks for the superb advice!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
DoesNothingGaming wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

This is correct. It only works in your primary firing arc and then only at range two against ships you're firing at.

It's also correct that you could use Gunner and the defender would take a stress for each shot.

Not only in your primary arc - it also works in auxiliary arcs (Firespray-31 and YV-666).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
There are no ships with a 360° arc.

See the K-Wing.

(edit: clarified addressed portion of quote.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starburst Q
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rraahk wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
There are no ships with a 360° arc.

See the K-Wing.

(edit: clarified addressed portion of quote.)

The K wing does not have a 360° arc either... as with the falcon, there is is a printed arc and a Primary Weapon Turret which fires outside of its arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.