Subject: Game Set Up And Yet Another Question About Tech Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Atlanteans for the first time today and these were the questions that popped up. I went over the forums to find the answers as best as I could, but these questions remained. Keep in mind that I do not own the WCWBF expansion nor have I read the rules for that expansion.

1. We played Romans v. Atlanteans. Had we wanted to, could we have deck built our factions from the expansion cards provided solely from the Atlanteans box? What about the Open Production cards? Could those still be used, even if I don't have the WCWBF expansion?

2. Do we include the common cards from the Atlanteans box into the base set of common cards. We opted to do so, but I have read on these forums that it is not recommended to do so, unless you choose to deck build. Furthermore, if playing, say base Romans v. base Egyptians, I would then have to go remove the Atlantean common cards, correct?

3. When placing a basic tech token on an action, it enables me to "to take the action one more time." Does that mean that when I activate that card, it triggers twice, or does it allow me to activate one more time exceeding it's normal limitations. For example, the Pig Farmer card states:

"Spend 1 meeple and 1 food to gain 2 VP." If I had a tech token on it, do I get permission to activate the card twice, thus needing to spend a total of 2 works and 2 food to gain 4 VP, or do I trigger it once, spending 1 worker and 1 food to gain 4 VP?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes you could have, but note that the Atlanteans would only have access to their WCWBF cards (from their box), while the Romans would only have access to the Atlantean expansion cards, so there would be two separate expansions in use. That is fine expect when using the tournament format.

2. Atlanteans count as a base faction, so only include their common cards if you are deckbuilding the atlantean expansion cards in with another faction. However, there is nothing to stop you from adding them in if you want.

3. Basic tech on an action space enables you to activate it an additional time. You still have to go through the process of activating it, and spending the required materials if needed. So for the example given, you get permission to activate it twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. Thanks for the response. Next time we play, we won't be adding the Atlantean common cards. And fortunately, we got the rule correct about how basic tech works on action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.