Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the Adventure card variant, must you use the card right away? Or can you hold onto it and use it when you want? (I realize that one of the cards MUST be used instantly).
~Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Bonus Card Question
Gamemaster (#20882),

We allow a player to hang onto the card and use it when s/he chooses to. (Except for the broom, which specifically states it must be used immediately.) After one use, the card goes back to the wandering monster deck. Works great.

It can be argued, however, that all the powers must be used immediately--both the rules and card text are ambiguous on this. The only problem with this interpretation is that some of the powers are not terribly useful when applied instantly and randomly, like extra movement. This power in particular becomes more useful when held in reserve--and everybody else knows it. Makes the game more tense and tactical.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually emailed USAopoly to ask this very question when I first got my Clue: D&D game last year.

The response was that you have to use the card immediately. They also said that you forfeit any remaining moves from your dice roll if you stop on the claw mark.

Neither of their remarks make sense to me. I agree that it is more tactical and tense if you can save the card for later use.

As far as they're statment about giving up the rest of your move (ie. you roll a 6, but are 1 square away from a claw, meaning you forfeit the other 5 moves from the 6 you rolled), it would be pretty useless to roll say a 5, move 1 space, win a card that gives you movement, then roll a 3 as your best roll. You would have essentially won a card that will let you finish moving 2 spaces less than you would have had you not stopped to fight in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.