4 Posts

Secret Hitler» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Crazy liberal win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I just finished playing a crazy game where liberals won with no lib policies on the board. I was liberal.

The first round 2 players got into conflict. Next round, I was president and also got into a conflict. I then used the inspect ability and randomly stumbled upon the 3rd fascist. At that point I knew that the 2 others fascists had started conflicts so I was pretty sure the fascist that I checked was hitler.

The next round the president gives the chancellor to the player I checked. They then play another fascist card. That player then gives me the president with the power and I choose one of the confirmed liberals.

We narrowly get voted in and I draw 1 liberal and 2 fascist cards. At this point I thought about the decision a lot. I decided to risk it and I discarded the liberal, forcing a fascist policy through and giving me the kill power. I then shot the player that I checked. At this point I didn't know if I had made a huge mistake or not surprise. My heart was beating so fast. He then flipped his hitler card out and I felt a huge sigh of relief.

I've played 100+ games and that's the first time I've ever forced a fascist though as liberal. Even though I knew he was fascist, I'm sure the rest of the liberals wouldn't have trusted me after shooting him if he was not hitler and we would have no doubt lost the game. It may also be the first time I've managed to shoot hitler. It was a very satisfying way to end the game laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was to ever get this game I would suggest playing it that way : "what do we play next ? Oh, I know... Let's kill Hitler."

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story, and the first example I've seen of a Liberal wanting to pass a Fascist policy. The game's text says that sometimes Liberals may be tempted to gain Fascist policies, but I've never seen that happen. Only played about 10 games so far, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like asking new players which way do they prefer Liberals to win. By passing 5 articles or shooting hitler. I often as a joke calling those that want to pass 5 articles as democrats and those that want to shoot hitler republicans. It helps set initial precedence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.