Hide
7 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paying for non-actions after hibernate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Bowles
msg tools
So let's say that Wind Walker for her or his action chooses to hibernate with plenty of power left. Then next the next action round, Crawling Chaos does Thousand Forms. Can Wind Walker still pay to help-prevent Thousand Forms?

I would say yes because it's not an action, but wanted your guys opinion on it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes as well. WW is only prevented to do actions. For example he can still sacrifice his HighPriest since this is not an action...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and note in particular that Windwalker can pay for Rhan-Tegoth's Eternal ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically listed in the Windwalker FAQ that a hibernating Windwalker can still pay for Thousand Forms and for Eternal.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
'Action' is not a nebulous term in this game: it specifically refers to the 1 Standard or Unique Action (plus any Unlimited Actions) that you must take during the Action Phase when it is your turn.

Howl, Eternal, paying for Thousand Forms, etc aren't 'Action's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binoch charles
France
provence cote d'azur
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
and then,
let's say that Wind Walker had choose hibernate with 2 power left, and there are for example 2 ennemies goo on the map (that give ww 2 more pp). At that point, can Wind Walker pay to help-prevent Thousand Forms, or eternal, howls with the bonus points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
iletaitun wrote:
and then,
let's say that Wind Walker had choose hibernate with 2 power left, and there are for example 2 ennemies goo on the map (that give ww 2 more pp). At that point, can Wind Walker pay to help-prevent Thousand Forms, or eternal, howls with the bonus points?

Of course. But do it like this:

AT THE MOMENT you take the Hibernate Action, you add Power according to the enemy GOOs. So, you would go up to 4 right then.

After that, when CC does Thousand Forms or you need to use Eternal, your Power tracker shows 4. You don't need to remember that 2 of those points were "bonus." It's immaterial. You have 4 power, and you can choose to spend some of it if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.