Hide
5 Posts

Stratego Waterloo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Line of retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Critcher
msg tools
Hi, We have just got this game and have a very basic question. What exactly are the lines of retreat? Do you have to put two pieces on the actual numbered squares at the ends of the board 1 to 12 depending on the drawn card, or anywhere behind the opponents pieces in the line corresponding to that number?

Thank for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Deneeve
msg tools
mbmbmb
What is written in your rules? Do you have the US version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Critcher
msg tools
We are in Australia and I suspect we have the European version (4 different languages in the instructions).

From the rules "Your lines of retreat are located either on your left flank (grid 1,2,3 or 4 of the board) your centre (grid 5,6,7 or 8 of the board)or on your right flank (grid 9,10,11 or 12 on the board).

So assuming I have drawn a left flank card, is the aim for my opponent to 2 of their pieces onto the 1,2,3,and 4 squares at the bottom of my end of the board?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Deneeve
msg tools
mbmbmb
That is correct! If your oponnent get's two of his pieces on the 1,2,3 or 4 square, your army will not be able to retreat in good ordre and thus will be cut to pieces.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Critcher
msg tools
thanks for that
Cheers
Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.