Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Thunderbirds» Forums » News

Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest Modiphius newsletter emails gave the schedule for expansion releases. So for those non Kickstarter backer folk and those who haven't subscribed:

Tracey Island - June 2016
Above & Beyond - GenCon 2016
The Hood - Essen Spiele 2016


Additional note: These are for the retail editions.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion shipping for KS backers (UK) is now March - is that right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Expansion shipping for KS backers (UK) is now March - is that right?
Yup! But I guess there's a delay in retail release (perhaps to respect KS supporters, perhaps to print the boxes for the expansions )
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
The latest Modiphius newsletter emails gave the schedule for expansion releases. So for those non Kickstarter backer folk and those who haven't subscribed:

Tracey Island - June 2016
Above & Beyond - GenCon 2016
The Hood - Essen Spiele 2016

I have played the base game close to 10 times now and have far from had enough of it. Knowing that one of these days a load of expansions will find their way to my humble abode is...well...

Bounce bounce bounce!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
domus_ludorum wrote:
Expansion shipping for KS backers (UK) is now March - is that right?
Yup! But I guess there's a delay in retail release (perhaps to respect KS supporters, perhaps to print the boxes for the expansions )


Update #77 said:

The Australia shipment should arrive mid Feb and start distribution out to Australian, New Zealand and Asian backers around 3rd week of Feb. North America will be arriving end of Feb so distribution will start to USA & Canadian backers around the 2nd week of March to allow for internal freight across the USA. Finally the UK shipment will arrive mid March and so shipments will be going out across the UK, Europe and rest of the world before the end of March (hopefully sooner but we'd rather be realistic about the dates).




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one includes the pod vehicle miniatures?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion 1 (Tracy Island). You can view the components of every expansion here.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martín Borda
Argentina
San Nicolás de los Arroyos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
badge
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions pages are up:

Thunderbirds: Tracy Island
Thunderbirds: Above & Beyond
Thunderbirds: The Hood
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mborda wrote:


Did they combine expansion 2 and 3 together into that "Above & Beyond" expansion?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:
Did they combine expansion 2 and 3 together into that "Above & Beyond" expansion?



Looks like they did when comparing the KS campaign page to the BGG listing. I can't recall them mentioning that anywhere in the updates though. (I could be wrong on that part though.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty poor descriptions - could have at least provided component manifests I would have thought.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Pretty poor descriptions - could have at least provided component manifests I would have thought.
I take that back: it's on the Wiki page for the game blush
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:
mborda wrote:


Did they combine expansion 2 and 3 together into that "Above & Beyond" expansion?



They've shuffled some content around, yes. 2 and 3 became Above & Beyond and the Jeff Tracy figure was moved from the Hood expansion into Above & Beyond as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapseflaps wrote:
rmair62 wrote:
mborda wrote:


Did they combine expansion 2 and 3 together into that "Above & Beyond" expansion?



They've shuffled some content around, yes. 2 and 3 became Above & Beyond and the Jeff Tracy figure was moved from the Hood expansion into Above & Beyond as well.


Hmm. I can't see Jeff mentioned on any of the Expansion pages.

Update: You can see the Jeff Tracy figure in the Above and Beyond video that Zarina put together for KS update #77.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
This game has been a big hit in our household. We are very much looking forward to those expansions hitting retail.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter expansion package was received today (24th March).

The Hood expansion is not playable solo (currently).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting patiently. Has the plane arrived yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Mine turned up a few days ago, but my base game is out on loan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.