Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that the game is for 7 - 17 players. Usually game with 4 to 6 players, with the very occasional 8 player group. If it were 5 - 17 I would snatch up the game right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero wrote:
I read that the game is for 7 - 17 players. Usually game with 4 to 6 players, with the very occasional 8 player group. If it were 5 - 17 I would snatch up the game right now.

With names like Alonzo, and De Lorenzo, you'd think we were wanting to buy this game just to see if our relatives were represented in the game. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play Mafia/Werewolf with smaller groups, but it's a very different game. On the forums there's a five-player set that gets a lot of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds a lot like regular werewolf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
This sounds a lot like regular werewolf?

It's a Mafia/Werewolf set, yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjoyRC wrote:
habanero wrote:

With names like Alonzo, and De Lorenzo, you'd think we were wanting to buy this game just to see if our relatives were represented in the game. cool

Lol, putting it that way, it totally sounds gangster.

I come from Cuban heritage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
You can play Mafia/Werewolf with smaller groups, but it's a very different game. On the forums there's a five-player set that gets a lot of play.

So is Mafia the same design as Warewolf? I have never played that, partially from the high player count, and partially from the over the edge goofy artwork. At least the artwork in Mafia looks more like Team Fortress 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mafia/Werewolf is a public domain game with a lot of possible roles and house rules.

Are You A Werewolf, Millers Hollow, Lupus In Tabula and Ultimate Werewolf are all Werewolf sets you can buy in stores. Mafia Vendetta is a Mafia set you can buy in stores. You can play the game with a deck of cards, pieces of scrap paper, or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero wrote:
EnjoyRC wrote:
habanero wrote:

Lol, putting it that way, it totally sounds gangster.

I come from Cuban heritage.

Sicilian here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm....

While playing games with my kids (my teenage girls NEVER want to play, but for some reason, they were trying to play Warewolves of Millers Hollow last weekend), they said that they know about the "Mafia" game, because they played it at school. They seemed to know the rules, and said that they enjoyed the game.

So I think I am going to pick this up, and invite them to join in on a game when we host board game nights at our house, which is usually 1x or 2x per month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.