Subject: Caverna/Agricola Tile spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Trulove
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys, I just bought Caverna a few weeks, loving it by the way, and I am going to be picking up Agricola when the new edition comes out. I am having a guy make me some fimo clay figures, and I was just wondering for those who have both games, are the spaces on the boards the same size? For instance will the clay fence pieces fit the tiles for both games? Also can anyone think of anything else that might make something not compatible between the two?

Thanks Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosh McDaid
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mb
I believe the spaces on the boards are the same size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
seraphmoon wrote:
Also can anyone think of anything else that might make something not compatible between the two?

Thanks Brad

Not so much as "incompatible", but Caverna does not have separate fences like Agricola does - instead, you flip a pasture tile to find one with fences drawn on the other side.

Also, your dwarves in Caverna can gain weapons and go on expeditions - the level of your dwarf's weapon/experience is signified by a cardboard chit with a number on top that needs to sit on top of the wooden disc... will that be a problem with your clay figures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Trulove
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies! I am planning on just sitting the figures on top of the weapons tokens, can just lift them for a sec to see what strength it is, and going to use the fences anyways just for the extra scenery/theme, but thanks for the reminder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read elsewhere that someone had made 'necklaces' to hang the chit around the neck of a 3d figure to make it easy to see and update the strength. You could also model a 'slot' in an arm so that the dwarf could carry the chit like a shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosh McDaid
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mb
^^ This is an awesome idea. I think it'll be pain to sit your dwarves on tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.