Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Pidcock
Canada
Baie d'Urfe
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone found that the rule that you get to draw a card whenever you clear a sector is OPed?

Last time I played, I played empire, and I specifically cleared sectors to get those cards, giving me lots of free moves, and it snowballed from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this can snowball in both directions actually, but it's also a skill to set up chains of actions that trigger bonus actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on page 12 of the rulebook, under "Bonus Orders":
Quote:
If an attack clears a sector (no fighters or special ships remain in that sector), the attacking player immediately draws the top card from their deck and places it, without looking, at the bottom of their order pile.

So yes, that rule exists, and it exists for both players.
By the way, what does "OP" mean in your original post? I understood the intent of your question, but I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
cbs42 wrote:
By the way, what does "OP" mean in your original post? I understood the intent of your question, but I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

Overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh.... wow, I totally misunderstood his question. I thought that he was asking if anyone could find the rule for him, which is why I quoted the rulebook. But he was asking if anyone thought it was overpowered.

Yish, I think it's time for more coffee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Empire get a bonus card if they clear a Fleet Marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:
Does the Empire get a bonus card if they clear a Fleet Marker?

Yes. This was one of intial points of confusion that was clarified by Mr. Van Ness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.