Subject: Vietnam War Block Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Forsberg
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
I would love to see a Vietnam war block game from Columbia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Road to Dien Bien Phu was on CG's GamePlan for years before finally being dropped in 2007. Sadly it was never really pushed by CG or the designer, and the CSW folder is pretty empty of chatter:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dcdf9dc/0

The last post from the designer was from 2006 about attending WBC in 2007.

While I'd still like to see a Vietnam block game with the CG treatment, I'd also like to see one from another source that wouldn't be constrained by CGs system. There's a lot of neat things you can do with blocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
While I'd still like to see a Vietnam block game with the CG treatment, I'd also like to see one from another source that wouldn't be constrained by CGs system. There's a lot of neat things you can do with blocks.

Columbia used to be innovative back in the day, witness games like Rommel in the Desert, EastFront and Pacific Victory. Hammer of the Scots was itself an innovative design, but it seems to me Columbia switched gears after that, slapping new paintwork on the HotS chassis again and again. I'm not interested in that; I used to buy nearly every block game they published but Crusader Rex was the end of the line. I haven't bought one since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Julius Caesar is worth a gander.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Forsberg
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
In my opinion, Crusader Rex 2nd edition is one of the better games out there. I own the 1st edition but never played it. From what I've read there were major rule changes that fixed a lot of the odd stuff of the 1st edition. I would recommend Crusader Rex 2nd edition to anyone.

Far better than Julius Ceaser, a game which qualifies as a sibling that has gained far more popularity.

That said, I'm getting tired of the lack of information regarding upcoming titles or projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.