5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: uss Dauntless build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan L
Canada
flag msg tools
Something I wanted to share I do miss the battle stations podcast I'm not a podcast guy but I did have an idea for the dauntless that is inspired by some new cards.

U.S.S. Dauntless (26)
Calvin Hudson (3)
Sakonna (1)
Auto-Navigation (1)
Data Node (3)
Emergency Medical Hologram (2)
Monotanium Armor Plating (2)
Rapid Reload (2)
Particle Cannon Array (0)
Total (40)

Fleet total: 40

The basic though is using auto navigation and emh to get two mission tokens onto the ship card by slow rolling forward by changing to green 1 forward. Then renabeling emh and repeat. Once in range the particle cannon is hitting at 6 dice and building up more mission tokens with rapid reload, and emh to be disabled in place of rapid reload.

The 40 pt price puts it in bio ship territory and with the data node and mono plating to add do the defense and mission tokens it would likely win in a one on one vs a bio ship.

A simple alternative that costs 2-3 points more and trades defense for more dice quality is to replace the data node or mono plating with Klingon cryogenic stasis and load mirror sulu and goval to allow 6 dice with target lock and battle stations. For a couple of turns.

I'm sure there are others who can expand on this frame work for more efficiently but I hope it helps make a less common ship more useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm trying to understand this. You make non-green moves twice, using EMH to gain your tokens but end up with both disabled. Now you need 2 turns to re-enable the before you can have 3 turns of 4 AD fire? That's 4 turns of setup -- hard to imagine you will have that much time. Or am I (probably) misunderstanding something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
You make non-green moves twice, using EMH to gain your tokens but end up with both disabled.

You can do it all in the same turn. Turn 1: Autonav to turn your maneuver green, disable EMH instead of the Autonav, spend your action to enable EMH. 2 tokens, everything still enabled. Repeat if you get the chance, but once you're in weapons range you can do the same thing with Rapid Reload/EMH (although once your nodes and monotanium have kicked in, you'll have enough tokens that you might want to use some of those actions for something other than enabling your tech)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan L
Canada
flag msg tools
kobold47 wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
You make non-green moves twice, using EMH to gain your tokens but end up with both disabled.

You can do it all in the same turn. Turn 1: Autonav to turn your maneuver green, disable EMH instead of the Autonav, spend your action to enable EMH. 2 tokens, everything still enabled. Repeat if you get the chance, but once you're in weapons range you can do the same thing with Rapid Reload/EMH (although once your nodes and monotanium have kicked in, you'll have enough tokens that you might want to use some of those actions for something other than enabling your tech)

Exactly unless you are being hit by a first turn Picard maneuver you should be able to get the first two tokens easy. Besides the Auto-Navigation doesn't force you to change if you are in a good range no harm in fighting either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the clarification. Interesting idea. If you're up against a fast ship like the Prometheus it could be hard to get a 2nd turn of prep. It wouldn't need Picard Maneuver. But still a cool idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.