Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Political Event called for 15.19 Influence.

The last bullet does fit the situation.
But we could not find a description for
friendly Minor Country.
or an activation as an
Allied Minor Country.

or a reference to a rule.

The closest I find is 13.4 Country Status. Second bullet.
(It refers to a Country - not Minor Country).
-and set up according to 13.7.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to look in the glossary for the definition of 'allied' 'friendly'. 13.2 describes countries.

Also, I recommend you ask a specific question in context. I have no idea what the situation is, but I assume some country is able to be influenced because it has a friendly influence marker and then activated.

I recognize the rules are a bit of an elephant to absorb at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final bullet point is saying that if the country in question already has an influence marker for your faction, you're activating it as a minor country for your faction (Ex. the Axis player with Axis Influence in Yugoslavia gets the Influence event on Yugoslavia. This will activate Yugoslavia as an Axis Minor Country (using Country Setup 13.7).

The exception listed is specifically for the West and Soviet (who are referred to as "allied factions" in the glossary). If pre-war is in effect and the minor country in question has a posture of Locarno or Cordon, then the Allied faction cannot use the final bullet point to activate the country as an Allied faction. The Axis is not bound by this rule, only the west and soviet factions.

Example: It is pre-war and the posture of the western minors is Locarno. The west have 1 influence in Belgium-Holland and they get an "Influence" result on Belgium-Holland as a result of some card play. They would not be able to activate B-H as an allied minor due to the exception. If, instead, it was limited war, they would be allowed to activate B-H. If, instead, B-H had a different posture (guarantees, entente, or even "WAR"), then the west would be allowed to activate it per the final bullet point.

I hope it makes sense now. Iv'e made a bit of a mess with this explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First thank you both professors in TK. Great knowledge and quick response.

The games is at my friend`s house. The context is from my memory.

Pre war. My friend (Soviet) rolled on a Political Event (Yugoslavia) with result referring to Influence 15.19

No doubt the last option with Pact and Influence fits. And we want to (quote):

Activate the selected Neutral Minor Country as a friendly Minor Country.

1.Where is this procedure? How to do this?
2. Where to find definition of "friendly Minor Country"

The closest we found was 13.7.1 Normal Minor Country setup.
When a neutral Minor Country is activated during play, follow this procedure:

Now Yugoslavia is filled with counters.
I am not sure if it is considered a Friendly Minor Country after this activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Yugo. already has a soviet influence marker in it and the soviet gets influence again, then the last bullet applies. But, if the war condition is pre-war, the soviet ally cannot activate it. The condition of Yugo. remains the same, with one soviet influence marker in it.

If the war condition is limited war and there is already a soviet influence marker in the country, then the soviet activates it as a soviet minor ally, place the counters per minor country setup, and roll for mobilization.

If a minor country is activated by that faction, it is most definitely a friendly minor country to that faction (only).

If there is no soviet influence marker in the country (and no other marker), then the soviet player places one himself. done.

If another faction has an influence marker (or if there is a neutrality marker) in Yugo, it is removed. done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honosbinda wrote:

....place the counters per minor country setup, and roll for mobilization.

If a minor country is activated by that faction, it is most definitely a friendly minor country to that faction (only).

Thank you!

This is the general rule I was looking for. And we played it correct.

Honosbinda wrote:

But, if the war condition is pre-war, the soviet ally cannot activate it. The condition of Yugo. remains the same, with one soviet influence marker in it.

I think Adam was a bit more precise in his answer. No Locarno or Cordon in our case (Pact posture)- The activation is legal. (?)

Off topic.

I am teaching my friend TK!. taking it very slow during pre war. Too slow as I almost run out of cards. Careless I played rearm (hammer symbol) card early that year and not able to trigger limited war until next year. (Another hammer symbol on the card).

Few cards to pick and not allowed to use Demand twice in a row, I was really stuck in progress. I gambled on Polish Corridor - playing against odds with modify -2. Ending up with a Limited war I was not prepared for.

Early I decided for France first - units lined up in west. It will be a short limited war with enemy at the gates (read Berlin) in the near future. Hope I can teach him a lesson in blitz combat and steamrolling Soviet.

It looks very bad, due to my stupid card sequence. Only pro is my friend really enjoy the game with a lot of laughs and mocking my pre war play..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I see, here is the rule. Pact or Guarantees are okay to activate.

It happens so rarely that I forgot that the latter do allow it. whistle That's what happens when you rush through a reading of these rules. heh

"Activate the selected Neutral Minor Country as a friendly Minor Country. To choose this option, there must be a friendly Influence marker in the Country. Exceptions: If Pre-War is in effect, a Minor Country with a Posture of Locarno or Cordon cannot be activated as an Allied Minor Country. This option cannot be chosen if there is an enemy Stronghold marker in the Country. Clarification: The Locarno or Cordon Postures would not prevent a minor country from activating as an Axis minor country."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marc.
Guess you are involved in rules revision?

Could you please add a reference to this section. -Avoid time consuming flipping and slight frustration in doubt if it correct performed. (and using your precious time in answering questions)

"Activate the selected Neutral Minor Country as a friendly Minor Country. To choose this option, there must be a friendly Influence marker in the Country. Exceptions: If Pre-War is in effect, a Minor Country with a Posture of Locarno or Cordon cannot be activated as an Allied Minor Country. This option cannot be chosen if there is an enemy Stronghold marker in the Country. Clarification: The Locarno or Cordon Postures would not prevent a minor country from activating as an Axis minor country."
(Activating, ref 13.7.1 Normal Minor Country Setup)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no I am not involved in that other than having access the most recent rules upgrades...I can pass your suggestion along

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.