Subject: Hello all! And a HUGE update... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello to all here on BGG! I hope you guys are doing great and enjoying whatever games you have been playing. OK, so I'm going to be sort of quick tonight. We are burning the midnight oil on some videos pertaining to Dungeon Crusade, and I wanted to share this from www.facebook.com/dungeoncrusade here is what I posted there for you to read. I have been in overdrive mode for the past few weeks getting the story finalized with the technical writers, creating the storyboards, shooting the vids, typing, gameplay testing, family....I need a Rodger clone to assist me I do believe. But check out the update as it does explain a lot....be back very soon, as you will see from this update...have a great weekend all, and always wishing you the best...Rodger

"Hello everyone! And welcome to friday evening. I hope everyone is doing great tonight. As always, I would like to welcome the new people here to the Dungeon Crusade page. I speak for myself and everyone involved with the project, we are truly glad you are here. It means alot to me personally that you have interest in Dungeon Crusade, and are looking forward to this massive table top game. Everyday I'm hard at work trying my best to get everything ready for kickstarter, but must of all, I want meet your guys high expectations for Dungeon Crusade. As I have always said from the start, Im a highly creative, imaginative person eager to give fellow gamers something they will truly love, and have them be a part of the creative process with us. smile emoticon OK, on to some business and where we are at and the launch. It should be 4 easy categories, So let's break this down....

1) Awaiting the paperwork for Groovus Games Unlimited LLC. Great news on that front. The paperwork will be here next week! I know the state/government has approved the business, and is in the final process. The big thing we need out of that is the E.I.N to create the business account for kickstarter to receive pledges. My bank manager is set and ready to go as soon as I receive that. We are solid on that. You can read in prior posts why this was so important to me for various reasons.

But truly, for a launch title and premier game for Groovus Games Unlimited, Dungeon Crusade is a juggernaut to debut with. And what I want this company to stand for. Quality and quantity, with innovative, unique gameplay and mechanics that will be a staple in any other games brought out under Groovus Games Unlimited

2) Preview art from lead artist of heroes & monsters Jesse Hansen and a few other artists from their studio, Cornerstone Creative Studios. They are preparing a few pieces to show everyone. A skeleton warrior and the female archer hero. I'm going for a certain look and style for Dungeon Crusade, that will be as different as the game itself. Jesse and his team can easily create what I am striving for to give people. I just have a certain way I envision how some things should look, and I have BIG plans for Dungeon Crusade. I encourage everyone to have a look at their page while we await the preview art. >>> https://www.facebook.com/CornerstoneCreativeStudios/?fref=ts

3) Gameplay videos and shooting the world debut trailer. As you may know, the prototype game of Dungeon Crusade is 100% complete, along with alot of stretch goal content. I cant say it enough...this is a massive game. Just so you have the heads up, the world debut trailer will clock in at the 8+ minutes mark. I truly need a majority of that time to show off the many facets of Dungeon Crusade. So I have been shooting gameplay, and shooting vids for this world debut trailer, editing, re-shooting to make the best videos I can make, and create them to be comprehensive for everyone to understand easily and digest.

4) And surprisingly, this is the biggest one. The story for the 7 storyboards. I'm going to say this right off the bat. I feel "complete", or rather Dungeon Crusade is complete now. I'm very proud of this story I crafted and created for you guys to be a apart of. It adds a great deal of substance and depth to Dungeon Crusade, more than I ever thought it would. I have had some high praise from people close to the project, especially the technical writers who are assisting me in checking it over for grammar, proof reading it, etc. These are some really educated people that know their stuff, and to hear from them they are enthralled and truly interested in the story arc, the brisk pace of storytelling, and characters I developed, made me feel really good and proud. I have really fleshed out the story, and I honestly believe you are going to enjoy the 7 day countdown with these storyboards leading up to the world debut trailer, and the launch of Dungeon Crusade on kickstarter.

That's the biggest reason I haven't posted anything in the past few weeks, when I get REALLY passionate about something, in this case the story, I shut myself off from the world, I focus and create. I think I do my best work at these times, especially when so many people are counting on me. I truly hope you take the time to read these. I honestly created these for fellow gamers and people for their full enjoyment for Dungeon Crusade. MUCH will be explained. And sorry, no spoilers here!

I want to thank each and everyone of you, for being patient and sticking with me through this whole project. I'm working constantly on getting all of this done already to launch this. I'm just such a damned perfectionist, and especially when people are counting on me.

In closing, without a doubt February will be the launch month for Dungeon Crusade. The game is 100% done, and these few last things... the LLC, story, and videos are slowly coming together to finally complete this project. I'm back to work for the night. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and enjoy what ever you will be doing. As soon as Jesse passes off the preview art, I will post it immediately for you.
We're getting there! Talk to you guys soon....Rodger "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.