Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rick haroutunian
Canada
Georgetown
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is possible to add more than 12 swords to the round table at the end of the game.

Do we take into account all of the swords when determining the victor, or, are you supposed to stop putting on swords when you get to 12th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there can be more than 12 swords on the Round Table.

For example: Round Table has 11 Swords on it when the Grail Quest ends, adding 3 more swords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
It'S possible but as soon as you get the 7th black sword, you lose. In this case it doesn't matter how many white swords you got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is 14 the maximum # of swords that could theoretically ever be put out onto the Round Table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Shaw
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe 16 is the max.

Here's how:
Heroism is on the Grail quest.
Mists Of Avalon is active.
11 White Swords are on the table.

Then, the Grail quest is lost.

This results in Heroism & Mists of Avalon each adding a Black Sword to the 3 already obtained for failing the quest. These 5 add to the 11 already on the table totaling 16 Swords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
(slow clap)

Thanks for working the math out on that. Can anyone else come up with more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.