Hide
7 Posts

Asking for Trobils» Forums » Rules

Subject: Removing Your Own Pirate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
raven demarco
msg tools
When visiting a location that has a pirate that you control, is it removed ONLY if there are resources on the card? Or is it removed regardless of whether or not there are resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my reading of the card is that the pirate has to have resources for you to remove it - otherwise it stays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raven demarco
msg tools
That was my interpretation too. But someone's argument today made me question my interpretation so I wanted to see what the community/designer's stance was. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
When you go visit your hired hand (the pirate), that is when his job is done, whether or not he has loot.

Edit: rule clarification by designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
When you go visit your hired hand (the pirate), that is when his job is done, whether or not he has loot.

Yep. Pirates are nasty enough. First time you visit they go away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
toober wrote:

Yep. Pirates are nasty enough. First time you visit they go away.

Looking at the cards, it is very specifically saying:

"When you visit the Location, if there are Resources on this card, discard it and collect the Resources"

Therefore, if there are no Resources on the card, and you visit the Location with your Pirate, then you do not discard the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys are correct, the Pirate is only removed if the card has resources on it for the player to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.