Patchwork» Forums » Variants

Subject: Patchwork with more than 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Young

California
msg tools
Hey everyone,

Just got Patchwork and love the game! Was wondering if anyone has ever successfully put two games together to play with more than 2 players? Any luck?

Cheers,
Jamie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just bought it too this weekend, love it!

My wife asked me why didn't make it a game for more than 2-players, I said I really don't know but speculated that maybe because there'd be too many puzzle pieces involved making it a longer set up time and that maybe it the play time would make it longer as well therefore bumping it out of filler status.

In my opinion this game is great as a 2-player game, it's clever, it's intimate, there's just enough pieces to not make the game cumbersome. I think making it a two-player game was brilliant.

That said, I told my wife that couples could play against each other like team play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Young

California
msg tools
My boyfriend and I had wanted it for a while, so we ended up both getting it for the other without knowing it (surprise!). So we have an extra copy.

We thought playing games side by side might be cool, but teams is an excellent idea too!

Great game; I agree, very intimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avid Gamer
United States
Lawson/Dumont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn structure reminds me of Tokaido which plays fine with more than 2 people. I would love to see this game at least go up to 4. If it's just a matter of having enough quilt pieces I just may have to find 2x copies of the game and have a few repeating pieces.

If they make a deluxe/collector's/special edition I hope they would think about making this for more than just 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be playable, but most of what makes it fun would be removed. You wouldn't be competing anymore - it'd just be multiplayer solitaire without strategy, and the solitaire would be very luck-oriented. I'd never play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.