4 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shock frills and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleksandrs Petrass
msg tools
Good day community!

I would like to ask you to help me understand the idea behind shock frills upgrade and i have some other questions.
Shock frills upgrade indicate that it does 2 levels of damage to an obstacle, whose damage puts me into staggered condition. While there may be several obstacles who apply damage to my runner and the damage is applied simultaniously does the shocking frills fry only 1 obstacle or does it fry every single one who damaged me? Seems logical but i don't want to bend the rules.

Can a card effect be split from card damage and be applied to another obstacle instead of the one the card is assigned to? It says in the rules that if used as an assist the damage of the card is applied by a current runner but any card effect is applied to any obstacle by the card owner (the one that asssists).
Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hola mate and welcome to BGG ^_^!

Quote:
While there may be several obstacles who apply damage to my runner and the damage is applied simultaniously does the shocking frills fry only 1 obstacle or does it fry every single one who damaged me?

Shock Frills says "deal 2 consecutive levels of damage to an obstacle facing you." Since it says "an" obstacle and you're faced with multiple obstacles, you would pick one obstacle to take the consecutive levels of damage.

Quote:
Can a card effect be split from card damage and be applied to another obstacle instead of the one the card is assigned to?

Yes, see the brief discussion in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1498748/covering-fire-whip. Also, in this video where the game developers are playing, they apply damage from the Monofilament Whip to a different obstacle than the one that was moved (happens at about 21 minutes in): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ndLo08_Cc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandrs Petrass
msg tools
Thank you very much toeknee n!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some videos that may be of help as far as how to play. Look in the videos section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.