Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Loving the scenario-based skirmish play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really enjoying the scenario-based play aspect of even the skirmish game. I'm constantly torn between attacking the enemy, moving towards an objective, or going for a terminal. Great decision-making exercises. Here's a run-down of three skirmishes I played this weekend:

1. GET TO THE SHIP (Mos Eisley Outskirts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpP78iEoANs&feature=youtu.be
I had:
Elite Stormtroopers (with Vader’s Finest) x2 and Elite Heavy Stormtroopers (with Targeting Computer) x2
He had:
Darth Vader, Imperial Officer x2, Elite Stormtroopers, Stormtroopers, Probe Droid
His regular Stormtrooper squad and an Officer were out of the battle for a bit in the north as they headed for a terminal while all my Stormtroopers stayed relatively together and were better able to all contribute to the battle. I got 12 points from controlling the launch panels. Vader was killed by a grenade! I killed his Vader, Imperial Officer, Elite Stormtroopers, and Probe Droid and lost one Elite Heavy Stormtrooper squad. I won 44 points to 9 points.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (Endor Wilderness)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3g8NcDIyg
I had:
Elite Stormtroopers (with Vader’s Finest) x2 and Elite Heavy Stormtroopers (with Targeting Computer) x2
He had:
Rebel Command, Gideon Argus, Fenn Signis, Rebel Saboteurs, Elite Rebel Troopers x2, R2-D2
The Rebels retrieved two of the radioactive canisters for 10 points each. My two Elite Stormtrooper squads were slow to get to battle as they both double-actioned Vader’s Finest to all get a Focus at the very start of the game. This was a fatal mistake as it allowed the Rebels to retrieve and control the objectives. Time ran out as 45 minutes seemed very short for a time limit! I killed Fenn Signus and only lost one Elite Heavy Stormtrooper squad but lost 29 points to 9 points.

INCOMING TRANSMISSIONS (Kuat Space Station)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcqTnfAhGP4&feature=youtu.be
I had:
He had:
Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, C-3P0, Biv Bodhrik, Saska Teft, and Elite Trandoshan Hunters
We each received 6 points from the relay stations. I killed his C-3P0, Biv Bodhrik, Saska Teft, and Elite Trandoshan Hunters and only lost one Elite Stormtrooper squad but I only had four Stormtroopers in the end – two Heavies from one squad, one Heavy from another, and one Elite! Luke and R2 survived as well. Another turn would have been interesting. R2, with Lucky, easily Dodged several shots while Luke had Recover to heal as he fought. I FORGOT TO USE LAST STAND THE ENTIRE BATTLE!

It may have gone much better if I remembered to Focus my Elite Stormtroopers! I won 33 points to 17 points.

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed all three scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That last squad appears illegal; Trandoshans are Scum faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:

Well, not strictly, as he just needs the skirmish upgrade card, which may not be listed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
AronR wrote:

Well, not strictly, as he just needs the skirmish upgrade card, which may not be listed

No, it's illegal.
The Scum card "Temporary Alliance" let's a scum army take two Rebel cards.
The Imperial card of the same name lets you take two Scum Deployment cards.
There is no card that lets you mix factions in a Rebel army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, damn.. right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:

Saska Teft allowed him to bring in the Trandoshan Hunters with her Shady Contacts ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah darn, someone beat me with the Saska Teft aka 'add Boba Fett to anything'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.