[1]  Prev «  14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18  Next »  [18] | 

HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition» Forums » News

Subject: Rumors, news and leaks from the Darkstone forums rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Fucking hell, if only we all just went to a thrift shop years ago and brought a copy life would be so much less dramatic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New article from JugamosTodos:
http://jugamostodos.org/index.php/noticias-en-espana/otros-a...

The article is long but I have already covered most of the stuff it talks about, so let's focus on the three pieces of news we still didn't know:

The legal action will take some time

First of all, the AAHQ25A victims association filed their legal claim on February 2019. Testimony from Dionisio was expected for the end of spring, but the defendant postponed it so until 2020 the legal procedure is not expected to advance.

In one of his official communications, Miguel Martin, the head of the AAHQ25A victims association, suggests that they will probably reopen admissions to gather further people into their legal action. They don't know exactly when, at least it will be after the ending of summer.

Legally, Ludofilia is already in stealth mode

We already knew that Ludofilia failed to pay the salary of a worker who legally claimed his money back. Due to the debt with this employee, the court has ordered a "total propietary inquiry through a Judicial Neutral Point, for the location and discovery of the assets and rights of the defendant [Ludofilia] that are listed in the State Agency of the Tributary Administration, General Management of Traffic, Land Registry and Index Services of the National College of Real Estate Registrars"

In the BOP of Seville (a "province-level" version of the BOE, hence the P for Province instead of the E for Estado [State]), dated June 21 of 2019 (page 16), a new edict of the judicial resolution is published (dated May 23 of 2019) where, according to all relevant investigations, "no qualifying assets have been found", and as a result, Ludofilia is considered to be "IN TOTAL INSOLVENCY".

This is published in the BOP so that "it serves as a notification for the LUDOFILIA defendant, currently in unknown location".

Right now there's no legal trace of any of the money that Dionisio collected: the 679.927 € of the crowdfunding, plus the undisclosed amounts he got for partnerships, selling preorders, and asking backers to pay shipping costs in advance.

They are literally "in total insolvency" and "in unknown location".

A conversation between Dionisio and a games journalist

Then, the JugamosTodos article highlights some twitter posts from José Manuel Bringas [@Tildom], the IGN journalist that wrote a negative article about HQ25A back in 2015, about a conversation he had with Dionisio.

Link to José's twitter:
https://twitter.com/Tildom/status/1144214440147083264?fbclid...

Link to the IGN article:
https://es.ign.com/heroquest/98414/feature/heroquest-25-aniv...

Translation of José's words:
(...)
I still don't understand how a company that has pocketed 700,000€ from backers all around the world, and that is going to be 5 years late in delivering his project, does not appear in the media. I also don't understand how people who already claimed their money are not getting it.

I think now I can tell that, near 4 years ago, I had Dionisio on the phone for 2 hours, weeping to my ear for some article I wrote.

First, I don't know how he got my number, maybe from the list of backers. That, needless to say, is illegal.

Second, [he asked me] how could I publish that. I was like: look, in the first place because it's true. And then, your communication department ignored many emails from me asking your version in an interview, so that all points of view could be taken into account.

And then, [he made] a meticulous inspection of all that was "wrong" in my article. And many more crying and weeping. [He told me] that they had sued Lanzanos because they were owed money by them. That people is very evil, that the game will be out in spring (of 2015). And that I wasn't fair, that I overextended myself.

This same article was found by the community to be too soft and even that excused Dionisio. Two hours of weeping that I managed to weather in a polite way, telling him calmly that his communication strategy was a disaster.

(...)
"You cannot say that there was a legal loophole..." And how do you call the fact that the trademark was available in Spain and that you bought it to design a very similar product (even with an identical board) without having the rights of the game itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is going to be amazing laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
This game is going to be amazing laugh

"is" ???

It was amazing, but I was bored playing it by Christmas '18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry I missed out on this crowdfunding project.

Anybody willing to sell their pledge? I expect this game to be so amazzzzzzing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoutdad wrote:

I didn't pledge, but if you send me a dollar now, I'll send you exactly what all the other backers are going to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
Scoutdad wrote:

I didn't pledge, but if you send me a dollar now, I'll send you exactly what all the other backers are going to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An alleged "fully redesigned copy" of HQ25A has been for sale on Wallapop, a second hand buying and selling app that is popular in Spain. The item has been now deleted, maybe it has been reported or flagged.

This could be a joke, a trolling attempt or a scam. This is the first time I see images of the inside of the rulebook, though.

This could also be one of Ludofilia's employees or collaborators wanting to make a quick buck selling their prototype.

Or maybe a prototype of HQ25A has somehow escaped the control of the company.

Item link (now deleted):
https://es.wallapop.com/item/material-heroquest-redisenado-3...

Thanks Fardelejo for the info.Source

Darkstone user ganix points out that the HQ25A game board was also for sale at Wallapop, and has also been removed. We don't have screencaps of this one, though.

Item link (now deleted):
https://es.wallapop.com/item/tablero-heroquest-25-306594304
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
A scam related to HQ25??? Now that's something unheard of!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
The layout, artwork etc actually looks really, really nice.
Almost gives me chills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
If it's real, I'd really like me an English version of that game. But, I suspect that I will never, ever know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Vivian
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
If it's real, I'd really like me an English version of that game. But, I suspect that I will never, ever know.
If you order the game here and the game never gets released (I know this is will be interpreted as an invitation to express snarky opinions and sarcasm about the failure of HQ 25, but that is the risk of posting) you should get a refund because e-minis is a retailer. http://www.e-minis.net/heroquest/heroquest-25th-anniversary-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Moragas
Spain
flag msg tools
Hollyhock wrote:
An alleged "fully redesigned copy" of HQ25A has been for sale on Wallapop, a second hand buying and selling app that is popular in Spain. The item has been now deleted, maybe it has been reported or flagged.

[...]

This could be a joke, a trolling attempt or a scam. This is the first time I see images of the inside of the rulebook, though.

This could also be one of Ludofilia's employees or collaborators wanting to make a quick buck selling their prototype.

Or maybe a prototype of HQ25A has somehow escaped the control of the company.

[...]

It seems that the person who was selling that "fully redesigned HeroQuest", when asked about what exactly he was selling, he said that he is a graphic designer who has made himself those components using items from the original game and "images found at Internet". In the "JugamosTodos" webpage they published better photos of those items, and the adventures shown are exactly the same that those of the original "HeroQuest" Adventure Book, but the Rulebook, Hero sheets, Spell cards and Treasure cards seem to be a combination of the original game, some elements from GameZone's "HQ25", and some elements from additional rules most probably made by the fan community.

So, no, this doesn't seems to be "leaked" HeroQuest 25th material, and if the layout seems fine, it is because IT HAS NOT been done by GameZone. This project never ceases to amaze me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystery solved. Some Darkstone users were trying to get in touch with the vendor, but JugamosTodos beat us to it:

The Wallapop vendor is a guy from Valencia nicknamed Juan Toy Hobby. He claims that he put on sale a modified copy of the classic Heroquest (the one from Stephen Baker). He added many graphical upgrades, using some images picked from the internet, many of them from Gamezone, that's why many of us thought he was selling a prototype of the HQ25A.

The HQ25A board has changed some squares of the board as an attempt to avoid copyright claims from Hasbro. If you look at the quest book in the Wallapop images, the map in the missions shows the classic Heroquest square layout. And the text of those missions are from the classic game. So that's no HQ25A.

However, some photos show entries of monsters and abilities that didn't exist in the classic Heroquest, and are clearly from HQ25A. I wonder how has he fit together all of this into the rules. Maybe he never had in mind that rules should be fit together at all. Or maybe he picked a fanmade ruleset from the spanish HQ fandom.

His game is still against the Wallapop terms of service, as selling a fanwork for profit and without permission is clearly illegal.

Juan Toy Hobby claims to be a graphical designer. His creation is beautiful, and hints us the level of quality a well managed project of a Heroquest reprint could have achieved.

Thanks user Agrivar for the info.

MULTIPLE EDITS: Image links don't work because the BGG server cannot handle the spanish tilded n (ñ) inside of URLs, but you can see more detailed pictures in Darkstone:

Source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollyhock wrote:

His game is still against the Wallapop terms of service, as selling a fanwork for profit and without permission is clearly illegal.

Sure, like that's ever stopped anyone.

Heroquestception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
So right when I thought something compitent was shown from HQ25I get slapped by the hard cold hand of reality.
How could I be so stupid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ryder
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this like actually dead-dead now? Or are they on another year long silent treatment?

If it is really dead, thanks for the years of entertainment gang. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantelidis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade, i think is dead, very dead.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm dead bored playing mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was quiet... toooooooo quiet.

No. Really. This is weird after years of them posting or doing SOMETHING good or bad fairly regularly. Last update was in April it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't "the kraken" supposed to post monthly updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantelidis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
Wasn't "the kraken" supposed to post monthly updates?

Last update was 02 April 2018,an interview with Dionisio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
It was quiet... toooooooo quiet.

No. Really. This is weird after years of them posting or doing SOMETHING good or bad fairly regularly. Last update was in April it seems.

It is about time for a certain French guy to tell everyone that there are only the advanced rules and some quests left to finish because almost everything else is ready. It's only been that way for a year after all..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're saying to be in the printing phase at the moment, but they have no idea how long it takes. And I neither have no clue whether printing phase means every gameplay content and translations are completed (most probably aren't). However, once they know a 100% solid schedule, they will made a public update. Until that happens, supporters are asked to remain patient. Might take a few decades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18  Next »  [18] |