Hide
4 Posts

Trains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rail tokens question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob E
msg tools
What is the point of rail tokens if you can place station counters for free? Are they primarily used to get to the special vp points on the map and to help the player end the game once the tokens are gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A station counter makes a city worth points to anyone who has their rail token in the city. So if you go and build the station in Namba, you get no points for it unless you also put a rail token there - and I could come along and put *my* rail token in there first and get the points for myself (and make it more expensive for you to do the same).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob E
msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. Am I missing this in the rules somewhere? I didn't see this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter1258 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Am I missing this in the rules somewhere? I didn't see this...

The part of the rulebook where it says how to win?

Page 10:
For each rail token in a city or a remote location:
• City with 0 stations = 0 bonus
• City with 1 station = 2 bonus points
• City with 2 stations = 4 bonus points
• City with 3 stations = 8 bonus points
• Remote Location = number on the location in bonus points

And of course, you can't get rail tokens to the cities unless you chain them across the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.