Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enjoying the app and would like to buy the game. For about the same price, I can get the year one collector's box or the original art CotG with Storm of Souls and Immortal Heroes. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I went with the Year One Collection. It includes all the first year promos, new art, all foil cards, nice play board, no brainer for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like foil, go for the Year One Collection. Its a better value than buying everything in it separately. If, like me, you dislike shiny cards, you can instead opt to get CotG and Storm of Souls, which have both been reprinted with the newer art and borders that the Year One Collection has. Note that the small expansions that go with them do not have this treatment yet though, so getting them now (not in the Year One Collection) means having cards with frames that are mismatched slightly, if that's the kind of thing that bothers you. I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon & Steve
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking to start this game and trying to figure out what to start with? I like buying all expansions of a game eventually. And am new to deck builders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon & Steve
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also how many total cards in year 1 and year 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FWIW, we played at a friend's place who had the foil cards, and they were very hard to read unless you got the exact proper angle of light on them.

I always vote normal cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Huh. I've had no problem at all with reading the cards, both for myself and fellow players.

By any chance, is this a photo of your friend's gaming room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems reading the cards for me or my wife. All cards sleeved and perfectly readable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.