Subject: Encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Sips
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for bearing with me. We are just getting through our first couple missions and are still learning things.

So page 17 states Encounters affect all Heroes in the Mine. So if a skill test performed by a random Hero fails, ALL of the Heroes suffer the penalty, not just the Heroes that rolled, correct? Or, if successful it gives a Loot card, unless the Encounter states it is just for the Hero that rolled, ALL Heroes receive a Loot Card?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... I posted a huge post and it didn't accepted (-.-)

in short..
"encounters affect all heroes in the mine" refers to
- stay in play effect would affect all heroes (normally in that tile)
- when you need to pick a random hero is among "all" heroes

when a random heroes does a test the reward or penalty affect only THAT hero (unless otherwise specify)

For example on the serpentmen expansion (sorry just unbox that so is fresh in my head) there is a card voodoo curse, a test done by a random hero; if pass gain +XP; if failed you put that encounter card by THAT hero and he gets a penalty stat.

If anyone think otherwise and I have been playing this wrong please let both of us know.
This was the way we interpret rules and it made sense thematic

hope that helps TC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with chang chang, for lone heroes making a test only that Hero would gain any benefit for success, unless the card specified each or every Hero. The same with a failure.

For example -

Piles of Bones states that on success, gain 25xp and draw a loot, its quite clear from reading the card that it only applies to one hero. If failed it states every hero take d6 wounds though.

Looking through most of the encounters I think its usually clear who is affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
I agree with chang chang, for lone heroes making a test only that Hero would gain any benefit for success, unless the card specified each or every Hero. The same with a failure.

For example -

Piles of Bones states that on success, gain 25xp and draw a loot, its quite clear from reading the card that it only applies to one hero. If failed it states every hero take d6 wounds though.

Looking through most of the encounters I think its usually clear who is affected.

Agree, that the card text is usually pretty clear about who is affected. In general, I play that benefits apply only to those who participated and succeeded on the test, unless the card text indicates otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.