Subject: Components of the same type? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
While there are 3 categories of components per the rules: Basic, Advanced and Superior; the usage of the term "type" for the buy action is less clear. Does it mean I can only buy up 3 of the same component such as 3 metal or up to 3 different components of the same category such as 1 glass and 2 metal (all being basic components)?

Sorry if this was already answered.

Really anxious to play this one.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to 3 of the same item, not class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect part of the reasoning is that you will never need more than 3 of any component so buying more is a waste anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caitlin147 wrote:
I suspect part of the reasoning is that you will never need more than 3 of any component so buying more is a waste anyway.

for preparing tricks, yes, for scoring points with certain threshold 36 cards in the Dark Alley games you could use more components. So there is real reason for the max 3 components rule.

BTW: Regarding the scoring remember that on the manager slots 3 components count as 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Good point, and thanks for the responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
Caitlin147 wrote:

for preparing tricks, yes, for scoring points with certain threshold 36 cards in the Dark Alley games you could use more components. So there is real reason for the max 3 components rule.

BTW: Regarding the scoring remember that on the manager slots 3 components count as 4.
actually, the updated 1.1 version rules clarify that the extra manager component counts towards the max 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.