Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen Scythe do so well in the most anticipated game poll, I decided to have a look at it. Obviously I've missed the Kickstarter by quite a few months, but I believe I can still pre-order it.

I wanted to ask a couple of questions I haven't managed to find definitive answers for here or on the Kickstarter pages yet. Mostly these are regarding relatively minor annoyances, but will probably help determine which version/sets I pre-order or if I wait to buy at retail.

1) Does the back of the regular retail and/or pre-order version both still have part of a 150% sized board on the reverse that I wont be able to use?

2) I realise you ever only need two power dials, but the one depicted in the promo section appears to be labeled according to faction/colour. Are the ones in the base retail set labeled/coloured according to two of the factions? - if not, is there a reason why (apparently) the promo one is blue, when the others are yellow?

3) When do I need to make a decision by in order to still get the lower pre-order price? (If I can wait till late April, then a larger expenditure will be easier for me to justify)

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

(P.s. I've already tried to post this once, but forgot to choose a forum, if the other post appears at some point and this ends up as a duplicate then my apologies - though I think this is the slightly better version of my questions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac: Thanks for your questions!

1. Yes, every standard board is identical. One side has the standard hexes and the other has 2/3rds of the board with bigger hexes. That allows the board extension to be purchased separately and for the game to be flexible based on the table you're currently playing on.

2. The two standard power dials do have art inspired by specific factions, though the faction icon itself isn't on them. The colors are irrelevant to gameplay.

3. The pre-order price will remain the same until we stop accepting pre-orders. I can't say exactly when that will be, but based on the current rate of pre-orders, we're going to start to run out of certain items in about a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey will be sure to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Edit: ninja by Jamey...

I'll leave in you probably want to put in your order ASAP based on Jamey's sell out estimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Isaac, I should add that if you get in now and decide in April that you want to add more stuff, just send me an e-mail and I'll tell you how to add it (if it's available) without paying for shipping again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you're from but alternatively you could preorder the game from Boardgamebliss.com (in Canada). For a about 5$ more than the "normal edition Scythe" preorder price you can get the "kickstarter premium edition" that has metal coins and all the promo stuff.

This is possible because the Canadian dollar is really devalued right now (compared to the US dollar at least).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmy: That's a great point! In fact, we list all retail backers who are accepting pre-orders for the copies of Scythe they bought from us during the campaign here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FxO ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Jimmy: That's a great point! In fact, we list all retail backers who are accepting pre-orders for the copies of Scythe they bought from us during the campaign here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Hey Jamey! I just saw that list and it shows 2 brazilian retailers but none of them have anything on their website about scythe. Do you know anything? Should I try to contact them?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm not sure why that is (they may be sold out), but you can contact them directly. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FxO ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alright thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thank you for that info — and for answering my questions!

That link was really useful and it enabled me to place my order locally and get exactly what I wanted for somewhere between the kickstarter price and the pre-order price.

I've gone for the basic version + promos + board extension. Which sates my OCD for not having an incomplete map or two random faction dials, without spending too much ... though I have to admit those coins really did tempt me! — Maybe I'll have to get a set some time in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.