Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 2» Forums » General

Subject: Elsa Bloodstone Team Icon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So has anyone else noticed that Elsa has a different SHIELD icon than the SHIELD characters in the Base Set?

Hers has an emblem in its center and the base set just has the eagle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunh. You're right.

Pic of Elsa Bloodstone cards:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2793766/mattimeo84?size=larg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
So has anyone else noticed that Elsa has a different SHIELD icon than the SHIELD characters in the Base Set?

Hers has an emblem in its center and the base set just has the eagle.

Yes, I did notice. I wondered about that. Can't see that it would affect gameplay. I'm guessing it's a branding edict handed down from Marvel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang on even on her own card 'Defend the SHIELD Wall' it shows the older emblem. That's weird. So weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this too.

Trainer Nick wrote:
Hang on even on her own card 'Defend the SHIELD Wall' it shows the older emblem. That's weird. So weird.

Hadn't noticed that, but I can see why. If they didn't, they might have people thinking it only applied to Elsa Bloodstone cards (or other future cards with the new symbol) and not the SHIELD cards with the old symbol.

On the other hand it does raise a little question over whether her own cards activate that power (I'm presuming they do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I noticed this too.

Trainer Nick wrote:

Hadn't noticed that, but I can see why. If they didn't, they might have people thinking it only applied to Elsa Bloodstone cards (or other future cards with the new symbol) and not the SHIELD cards with the old symbol.

On the other hand it does raise a little question over whether her own cards activate that power (I'm presuming they do).

Or if Nick Fury interacts with hers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Nima
United States
California
flag msg tools
az933k wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I noticed this too.

Trainer Nick wrote:

Or if Nick Fury interacts with hers

Anyone get an answer to this yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules for each expansion they show and explain the background for any new team affiliation icons. If they didn't call out Elsa there, it's safe to assume she's still SHIELD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Nima
United States
California
flag msg tools
You are correct. I got an answer to this question from the creators on their Upperdeck FB page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys.

I must be going crazy.

Looking at my cards and comparing the SHIELD icon Nick Fury has vs the one Elsa has are EXACTLY the same to me!!

What are you guys talking about?!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are vertical stripes inside Elsa's SHIELD icon.

If it bothers people so much, they could just sharpy in the stripes with a marker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...yeah...

Whoops.

Man I was staring at those cards and nothing...

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.