Subject: New to Myth. How long until I am able to buy 2.0? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up over the weekend, 1.0 in a lot of games. I did some researching on it, seems a 2.0 will be sold by megacon at some point. Anyone know how that is. In the meantime can I learn and play the game with 2.0 rules, or am I stuck waiting for that?
Thanks for any help!

(I am aware there is an artscow thing, I prefer to get the real stuff)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I bought the 1.0 retail box like you and downloaded the 2.0 rules from the official site and I didn't have too much problem learning the game. But before that, when I was deciding whether or not to buy the game, I watched a few of the tutorial videos here plus the official ones. I suspect those videos might have cleared up a few rule issues before I was even aware of them.

Alternatively, you can also download the 2.0 cards and use them to clear up any problems you have.

As for when the 2.0 cards and rules are out, I don't think anyone knows. I'm surprised they aren't out already, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huckleberry Carignan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I was given Myth 1.0 for Christmas. I immediately returned it and bought Myth 2.0 form the piblishers Megacon Games. (http://megacongames.com/games/myth/) Basically, in the box I received the materials (cards and rules )for 1.0 and 2.0. The version 1.0 cards and rules lay to the side hermetically sealed as to not be used and reduce confusion.

Cheers,
Huck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I picked this game up over the weekend, 1.0 in a lot of games. I did some researching on it, seems a 2.0 will be sold by megacon at some point.

Soon. That's all we can surmise at this point. Unfortunately no one knows outside the circle of owners at MegaCon.

SeerMagic wrote:
In the meantime can I learn and play the game with 2.0 rules, or am I stuck waiting for that?

In the meantime, you may have missed this geeklist - hopefully this helps a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what I did before I had the 2.0 cards was to have the 2.0 PDF cards up on the computer and I would refer to them if I had a questions on the 1.0 wording. This worked really well as an interim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
The MYTH 2.0 UPDATED MATERIAL PACK is in the Megacon Games webstore now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jude wrote:

I just went out there and couldn't find it. How bout a link for us confused folks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just googled it - http://store.megacongames.com/products/myth-2-0-updated-mate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Jude wrote:

I just went out there and couldn't find it. How bout a link for us confused folks....

Yeah, I told Megacon about that. They have it listed under general products rather than with the rest of the Myth stuff! Maybe you should remind them to fix that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Ben and Judy! I updated my GeekList with the information as well. I am also going to make a new thread with an announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.