Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Proposal: New play-by-forum Game Formula - Emperor of SR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deadeyes
msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I wanted to propose a new game variant. If people want to participate, please let me know and we can start it up.

It's not really a classic tournament formula, but just some fun way to compete I think.

"Emporer of Star Realms"
-------------------------
(a variant of king of the hill type of games)

The start player is the placeholder, not the Emperor, all players that take his place are crowned Emperor/Empress of Star Realms (impressive right?).

- The goal is to be on top of the players that challenge you for as long as possible, gaining points along the way.

The way you do that is as follows:

1 - A game week start on Sunday 1300h EST and the Emperor plays at least three games with opponents that challenge him/her both in this forum thread and in-game.
The player that challenges you can choose his/her weapons (the game type).
You can accept the challenges you want, from whoever you want.
If you want to cherry-pick your opponents and reject the rest, then you can do so
Accepting and winning more than 3 games gives you no extra points, but more respect

2 - The results will be posted after each game, including the Authoroty left on both sides. When you played at least 3 games and you win ALL 3 of them, then you will be the Emperor starting the next week. You can relax, you can enjoy the rest of the week with that crown on your head.

3 - If someone wins (or more persons win) from the Emperor, the player with the most authority difference towards the Emperor, becomes the new Emperor. (On the rare occasion of a Draw, the losing player (former Emperor) chooses which opponent can become the new Emperor). Yes, that's highly subjective.

4 - The player that won and becomes New Emperor, gains 1 point , just for defeating the former Emperor (and also gets 3 points for starting the week as Emperor). You gained 4 points that way. Staying Emperor will gain you 3 points the next week and so on...

The ranking of each player and their total points will be listed here... changing and adjusting as long as this game runs.

If no one challenges the Emperor for a full week... the game ends and the final 'Emperor' is crowned.

If the Emperor fails to play 3 games in a week for whatever reason (holiday, illness, fear of opponents, lack of confidence ...) he/she leaves the top spot and a new placeholder, namely the last person who lost against the Emperor, will be appointed.
If there is no reaction or it takes too long, the game master (me) will take the placeholder place again (No one gets points for becoming placeholder, you have to win 3 games that week for advancing to be Emperor).

I think this can become a fun way to kick each other of the "throne" now and then, without having to battle 100+ players... the longer this runs, the more the quality of some players will shine through.
We also can have some discussion and fun or talking behind the back of the Emperor

greetings
deadeyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you familiar with the existing King of the Cosmos competition? At first glance, your format sounds more chaotic and less secure for the emperor, since in KoC the challengers fight among themselves for the right to challenge the king rather than everyone challenging. If you are familiar with it, what aspects were you trying to improve on when you devised your format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deadeyes
msg tools
mb
I'm not familiar with that no (there are so many tournaments these days, don't know them all).
The main reason for this type of game idea I had was to have some fun without too much structures, qualifiers, and battling hordes of opponents.
Yes, it's les secure for the Emperor, and yes, it's subjective.
But I think it can ba a fun format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Odrix
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
for reference, here is a link to the other king of the hill format, run by jhunsber

best regards,
RD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.