Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just got this today and have a question...

The Sample First Round example seems to suggest that you can play Block cards from your hand to block an attack after cards have been revealed. Is this correct?

In the game example, Pete plays a block card from his hand in response to Liz's Stun.

I can't seem to find this in the rules section though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play a block card from your hand to prevent damage and as this means you aren't giving up cards you aren't stunned either. (pg.8)

When you reveal a block card as one of the 3 you've chosen it does the same and it always loses HOWEVER it goes in your discard pile at the end of the round.

I always play that if you use a Block card from your hand it is lost for the rest of the game. To be honest the rulebook isn't very clear on this but there would be no reason to play a Block card to the board if this was the case.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valenswift wrote:
You can play a block card from your hand to prevent damage and as this means you aren't giving up cards you aren't stunned either. (pg.8)

When you reveal a block card as one of the 3 you've chosen it does the same and it always loses HOWEVER it goes in your discard pile at the end of the round.

I always play that if you use a Block card from your hand it is lost for the rest of the game. To be honest the rulebook isn't very clear on this but there would be no reason to play a Block card to the board if this was the case.

Hope this helps.

It is a real rule, if you play one from your hand you put it in your opponent's performance stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
valenswift wrote:

Hope this helps.

It is a real rule, if you play one from your hand you put it in your opponent's performance stack.

Cool thanks. I thought it must be but i couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valenswift wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
valenswift wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cool thanks. I thought it must be but i couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Actually I think I'm wrong on that, after busting out the rulebook to find it, I couldn't! I guess my group came to the same conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These bits?

"When you hit your rival with
an Attack, they must either
Give Up a Block card from
their hand or a number of
cards equal to the power of
your Attack." (p. 6)

and

"Performance Stack
The cards Given Up by the other team measure your
performance in the ring." (p. 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HA! Nice find. I read the thing from to back too and still missed it.

Dam the Man wrote:
These bits?

"When you hit your rival with
an Attack, they must either
Give Up a Block card from
their hand or a number of
cards equal to the power of
your Attack." (p. 6)

and

"Performance Stack
The cards Given Up by the other team measure your
performance in the ring." (p. 6)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PDF + search for "block" FTW !

(almost put in the wrong page number, it said 7/16 in the pdf, actual number printed on the page was 6)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone - that about settles it. I read that manual at least four times and still failed to spot this!

Much obliged to you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.