Subject: Two Player setup for Mayfair Catan Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
boardgamechic
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Firstly, I am sorry for asking a question that has no doubt been asked a 100/1000/1,000,000 times before.

I've just delved into Catan for the first time and have bought the current edition - HERE

I am trying to set up the board using the two player variant I found via the forums here - THIS ONE

Will this setup work with the edition I have - the ports etc will obviously not be in the exact same places as in the instructions because of the new frame pieces in the edition I have - is it just a case of replacing the removed tiles with ocean tiles (flip them over?) and just extending the reach of the harbours? Does that sentence even make any sense at all?!

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't your game come with two sided frame? One side with harbors and the other without? Then it should also have small harbor chits (odd shape, 5 sides) for use with the side without harbors? You can place those anywhere you want.

P.S. This belongs in the variant forum.

Edit: See time stamp 1:26 of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcK5WhjRWio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend using the official 2 player rules from the Traders and Barbarians rulebook (pages 6 and 7). You only need 20 coins/chits/tokens to make that work. Those rules will work well, and are designed for the game you bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamechic
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are right - it did come with those.

Thanks for pointing that out, appreciated!

And apologies for the post in the wrong forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Follow the rules from Traders and Builders, it is also included in the portable edition. OFFICIAL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.