Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Regional forces:
NVA have a 2-1 attack on a stack of ARVN in a Capital Town hex in Cultivated terrain. When working out this ratio, I added 2 Regional Forces points to the ground strength of the ARVN units due to its defence being based in that Capital Town. Die rolled is a 1, plus 2 for 2-1 ratio combat modifier, i now minus 2 for Regional forces die roll modifier as suggested by the terrain chart. Is this all above board please or am i, as i suspect, getting it wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
France
lorient
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Yes .

You should read back the point 11.2 , page 19.
RF are not a DRM, just increase the strength force with other condition.

Have good time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdnly wrote:
Regional forces:
NVA have a 2-1 attack on a stack of ARVN in a Capital Town hex in Cultivated terrain. When working out this ratio, I added 2 Regional Forces points to the ground strength of the ARVN units due to its defence being based in that Capital Town. Die rolled is a 1, plus 2 for 2-1 ratio combat modifier, i now minus 2 for Regional forces die roll modifier as suggested by the terrain chart. Is this all above board please or am i, as i suspect, getting it wrong?

Correct result, but wrong reasoning..

The RF add 2 strength to the ground strength.

The Capital Town is a -2 drm for terrain, the RF are not terrain. The (RF) on the terrain chart is a reminder they may be present in that terrain, it is not a drm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
France
lorient
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Capitol town , is a -1 DRM, with 2 RF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you gentlemen. I managed to contact another Vietnam Gamer and he concurred with you also pointing out I was mistaking the dash next to the bracketed Regional forces[ -(RF) ]on the terrain chart for a minus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.