Subject: Timing of Verena's Close Quarter [Campaign] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeppe Nybo
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does the defeated figure get removed before or after the interrupt of Verena's Close Quarter (triggered by said defeat)?

The wording is "Use when an adjacent hostile figure is defeated to interrupt to perform an attack using that figure's attack type and attack pool."

The timing is important for the purpose of line of sight as well as abilities such as Sentinel and Cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Being defeated and removed from the map happens at the last step of an attack and I don't think it can be interrupted. Blast, Cleave resolve after the figure has been removed and I would be surprised if Verena's Close Quarters resolved with a different timing.

(The ability would need to specify "before removing the figure from the map".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Being defeated and removed from the map happens at the last step of an attack and I don't think it can be interrupted.

I hate to dredge up an old issue, but isn't this what Parting Shot does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jindianajonz wrote:
I hate to dredge up an old issue, but isn't this what Parting Shot does?

Parting Shot explicitly tells that it happens before the figure is defeated.

Parting Shot's trigger is "when the figure has suffered damage equal to its health, before being defeated", while Close Quarter's trigger is "when defeated".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, I should have checked the card wording rather than go off memory. Thanks for clearing it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Nybo
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the pointers! Particularly good point about the comparison with the wording of Parting Shot.

In the future I'll have the figure removed before the attack. It does make everything a bit cleaner.

As a curious thematic side question, what do you guys visualise happening when Verena uses the ability? My initial impression had been one of her misdirecting a last attack from the fallen foe, rather than her grabbing their weapons and firing them herself (as I'm otherwise not sure how she is attacking with a dead Wampa..).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verena grabs the hand holding the gun and thus keeps it pressing the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Nybo
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Exactly, which is what makes me curious about the Wampas and Nexus... or soon to be, Banthas. On the other hand, maybe I don't want to know how she does that with them; she is scary enough as she is surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the final shot on a non-sentient causes it to "reflex rage" just before dying and it turns and runs toward an imperial figure.

The fact that the non-sentients are only attacking rebels suggests the Imperials have some kind of "control box" attached, so they turn on their masters just before death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.