Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We decided to make Venture the last game of the day -- the fourth Sid Sackson game of the five we played.

Wee, who chose the game, went first. In the early running, I had slim pickings with my cards, and Ben and Wee bought the first corporations, stealing alternately from one another.

My luck later improved as I started to put together some combinations of cards with like symbols.

Wee had a tremendous stroke of luck early when, right after she proxied a card and reorganized, she drew two profit cards back to back. This immediately gave her 48 points (two rounds of 24.) Ben was at 34, me way back at 24.

I had a number of proxies but little capital to use with them. I started using them right away to try to chip away at the leaders. Ben first stole from Wee, then I started stealing from Ben. This brought us closer together and eventually it was Wee 68, Ben 65, and me 52.

Early in the game we weren't going through the corporations very rapidly, as a lot of proxying back and forth was taking place. But after this scoring round, I began to buy from the deck with a fury. I put together tons of cards and was sitting on some nice combinations.

Unfortunately, no profits came up during this stretch. Though I spent more of the game than anyone with a lot of points sitting in front of me, they were never counted.

The corporation deck was now very low and it was a question or whether I could get enough points in the few scoring rounds that were left. I thus reorganized and had a pile of points in front of me, including a 40-point stack of six.

With possibly only one scoring round left, this made me the necessary target of a proxy fight by Wee. She thus stole from me, destroyed my big point advantage, and thus ended my chance of winning the game when it becamse clear that the game would end without another profit card coming up.

Ben bought a number of corporations on his last move, allowing him to exactly tie the Wee.

On my last play, I had no proxies with which to steal the card back that would give me the win. My ending the game guaranteed I would lose, but minimized the gap by which I would lose.

Ben 94
Wee 94
Chuck 87

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.