4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: A wacky theme, should i make it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Unknown
msg tools

Salutations!

Had a idea for a theme recently about another town builder/war game where you take on the role as a colony from Ants Termites and Bee's

All the cards are 50% real research done on all of them and the other 50 is fun names to keep the game going.

the play style is heavily inspire by Hearthstones combat mechanics
(I.G my card hits you, the other hits me.)

except you are building a empire at the same time, however they can attack your buildings if you have no minions in play.

But i need public support of this concept in order for it to become a reality.

EmeraldLakeGames-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Various insect war games have been made over the years, e.g.:
Chitin: I
Insecta
Termity
so it's evidently a viable theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Unknown
msg tools
Hmm, perhaps your right, i may have imagined it being corky and unheard of but i guess that was all in my head.
but honestly i can't count how many repeated star wars games there have been, and need i say more.

as long as the theme seems fresh then your on your way, but you never answered my question.

Do you encourage or do you discourage the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmeraldLakeGames wrote:
but you never answered my question.

Do you encourage or do you discourage the game?

As to whether you personally should try making such a game, I really have no reasonable basis on which to answer that. It all depends on your motives, experience, abilities, life situation, etc.

All I know is that past games with an insect warfare theme have been published and enjoyed by some players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.