Subject: Version Differences rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone enlighten me on any differences between the different versions?

I am wondering if there is anything different about the : CO₂ (Giochix.it multilingual first edition) 2012

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This version comes with the rules in several different languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish). It also has player aids in each language, at least in theory.

When I got my Giochix edition, it came with five player aids, but all of them were in French. I reached out to Stronghold Games and they advised that the original edition only included a single player aid (in English), so I assumed that the Giochix edition came with one player aid in each of the five languages. However, when I reached out to Giochix to obtain a replacement English player aid, they sent me five. So, I'm unsure whether the game is supposed to come with a whole pile of player aids (25, with 5 in each language, one for each potential player) or if it really only comes with five (one in each language, similar to the Stronghold Games edition, which only provided a single English player aid).

I don't think there are any differences in gameplay, as the rules tweaks/clarifications are provided in the separate FAQ you can find in the files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew! Very informative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My experience sounds the same as Andrew's. I purchased the 2nd printing of the multilingual first edition and it only has 5 French player aids. It was a used copy (but only played once) and the previous owner included printouts of the English player aids (so I'm assuming it never included any). Nothing else was missing.

I can't speak to any other differences in the versions as I haven't seen any, except that the 2nd printing now includes a Polish version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone inform me how to get the English copy of the player aids? Mine only came in French too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.