5 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » General

Subject: Custom hero suggestions thread. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
While I am personly quite fine with the 24 heroes I have from all the expansions combined, I understand that custom heroes are a popular thing to add to the game so it might be fun to have a thread just for that.

I do like hearing about all these ideas after all, and I have a few suggestions for characters as well that might fit right in.

So I'll start off with some suggestions for heroes:

-Redmond Barry. (from the Barry Lyndon movie)
While he would actually be a one legged broken old gambler by the year the game takes place, I would suggest presenting him in game as his younger self, as he was during the time he was a proffesional gambler and skilled duelist.
I imagine his cunning and combat would be his best skills, with low lore and an honour of 1.
He could perhaps get bonus fight dice when fighting human opponents since he is a good soldier and duelist.
His second special ability could be gambling related.

-Hawkeye. (from the last of the mohicans.)
Again would be a bit older, so could be represented as he was in the movie.
I imagine his skills would be balanced, with no real flaw.
One of his abilities could be an extra combat dice when using a musket.
Maybe through some sort of tracking ability he could get extra investigation for nature related events or such.
He might need some sort of flaw for balance though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever saw the movie Brotherhood of the Wolf I adapted the two main characters from there:

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I did see a part of that movie and it seems pretty cool, those characters seem to fit perfectly in A touch of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The movie is really just your standard run of the mill French kung fu werewolf ninja monster conspiracy art film period drama action flick to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds like a typical movie of that genre. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.