Subject: placement of monsters. thanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
when a monster have to place on X tile, does it have to be completely in that tile?
please note that i'm aware that if i have to place / reinforce a monster and there are no empty space i would place it in the closest space to the space/tile where is suppose to be place.

In this case im asking if as the OL i can choose to put it on the tile with part of its base in the adjancent tile.

eg

X empty space
Z adjancet tile (in this case a hallway)
E ettin

"place ettin on X tile"

XXXXX
XXXXXZZZZZ
XXXXXZZZZZ
XXXXX

can i place him as follow?

XXXXX
XXXXEEZZZZ
XXXXEEZZZZ
XXXXX

the reason being because i want to block that path so that heroes just dont flight pass on their turn completely ignoring my ettin (on a 3 heroes game)

in a 4 heroes game, i can put the 2 ettin one next to each other, but is a :/ because the runemaster just "blast" hence i try to avoid adjacent monster positioning if possible.

also if i choose an large monster like the shadow dragon (especially), ettin, giants.. as my open group for some small tile they can't be position without being adjancet, so is either blast or choosing smaller monsters

or do they have to be completly on that tile? i dont seem to find any official clarification on these. is there a community consensus? (or is it obvious and i stretching it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
chang_1910 wrote:
or is it obvious and i stretching it?

I think it's obvious and you're stretching it

If you can, you place all of the monster on the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattigar
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
You have to place reinforcements on the indicated tile as much as is possible, if there's not enough room you can spill out into the next closest empty spaces. Some quest rules may specifically add exceptions or restrictions to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
or is it obvious and i stretching it?

I think it's obvious and you're stretching it

If you can, you place all of the monster on the tile.

lol
ok, thanks both for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.