Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: Too many cards around? An alternate way to set up on smaller tables. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you place all milestones and employees cards organized following the development tree, you need a very broad table.

You could then do in the following way. You would need 32 D6, and 18 "Already reached" cardboard tiles.

Have the card organized in stacks, and leave them out of play (if you have the cards in the tuckboxes, you can leave them in the same way they have been boxed).

Place the development tree, printed on A4, on the table, and place a D6 on each employee space, with the dice indicating the number of employees of that kind that are still hireable.

Some have 12, so you place however the dice to 6. When you hire an employee, or you train someone and put back the lower grade card, you adjust the dices. Eg: when hireable employees would become 5, you turn the dice to 5, and so on.

For the milestone, you keep the cards apart, and use on the table another A4 page with all milestones. You may put a "Already Reached" tile on the milestones as soon as they are reached.

In this way you would need so much lesser space on the table!

I will try this next time I play.

What do you think about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea, but too complicated (especially fishing cards out of stacks) and error prone for my tastes.

I’ll stick to my card tray which takes up even less space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
yzemaze wrote:
Nice idea, but too complicated (especially fishing cards out of stacks) and error prone for my tastes.

I’ll stick to my card tray which takes up even less space.

This.

The footprint for the card tray, which is easy to implement, would be comparable to your sheet footprint without clunky dice booking or the additional footprint of stacks of cards on the side.

And fishing for the card you want will probably get annoying quickly and detract from the game.

I recommend giving the card tray a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are right.
The tray works great.

We used it and it is very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.