9 Posts

Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » Rules

Subject: a few rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
derek s
msg tools
so im alil lost so ill try to ask my questions as best i can

1- all maps say 6+ players, but the set up says each team(between 1-4 teams) can only be 6 max

but also says only the last 2 missions in the book are competitive but since each mission says 6+ players wouldnt that mean all maps are able to be competitive?

(im getting really lost here so i may not be asking these things in a way that makes sense)

2- so if i play mission M01 and i have 12 players, am i playing all 12 on 1 team? or do i have to split it up (2 teams of 6, 3 teams of 4, 4 teams of 3)

but if i do split it up...is it 1 team wins only by the way the last 2 missions work where highest xp after u complete the map wins?

if so this is where i get more confused as if this is the case then the rules say "all" starting survivors must exit the map

now lets say my team is losing wouldnt i just dive into a horde of zombies and get myself killed so everyone loses?

i may not be asking these things in the best way but if anyone can help me clear things up that'd be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first, you have to know that some missions are designed for co-op (by standard) and others for competitive play.

in co-op there is only 1 team which each player is part of, and you can play with 6 or more survivors (up to 12 i think)

in competitive missions, then you have at least 2 teams of survivors competing against each other and in this case each team can only have up to 6 survivors (but total with up to 4 teams is 24 survivors).

all missions that are not designed as competitive are co-op, which will be most of them. m01 is coop, thus only 1 team of survivors.

scenario rules where all players must survive will normally be only used in co-op and since all are on the same team there's no issue.

in competitive mode, the win conditions will probably apply per team, so you only need to consider your own team regardless of how well or bad other teams are doing, here you dont want opposing teams to win and there is no need to keep tehm alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek s
msg tools
thx, i guess it was just the wording in the "set up" that was confusing me bad.. cause it says a team can only go between 1-6 characters....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek s
msg tools
also whats also confusing me is the 2 competitive maps says 2 teams only

but set up says up to 4 teams

so why say their can be 4 teams if none of the missions are able to use 4 teams?

soooooo confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read the rules, you can only have up to 6 survivors in a team. There is no reason that you can't have two teams in a co-op mission. Both would be working for the same goal, but with different assigned tasks or priorities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
The way I read the rules, you can only have up to 6 survivors in a team. There is no reason that you can't have two teams in a co-op mission. Both would be working for the same goal, but with different assigned tasks or priorities.

A mission that is balanced for 6 survivors would be stupidly easy for 12 survivors. You could absolutely play that way, but it wouldn't be much fun for anyone who wants the game to be a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek s
msg tools
thats why im lost here

as every mission says 6+ characters
but the set up says 6 players per team max

so thats why im still confused on the coop missions using more then 6 characters and on where 4 teams would actually come into play and how

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the issue is one of the same term meaning two different things.

By a team being 6 characters max, they mean the number of characters that can benefit from a set of team action cards. If you play a coop game with more than 6, you need to break it into two teams.

For competitive, you often think of it as opposing teams, call them o-teams. That is a maximum of two, I believe. However, if there are more than than 6 characters in each o-team, then you need to break them up into two action card teams, hence the 4 team limit.

I often see similar issues in rules when rounds and turns and actions get mixed up in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek s
msg tools
ok after reading it over and over and over again i think i got it

the wordings pretty bad but im sure i understand it now

a "team" may have any number of "players"(actual people)
each "player" may have up to 1-6 "characters" (without going over the 12 "character" limit)

the main confusing was i thought there was a limit to number of "characters" to a team but really theres no limit(aside from the game limit of 12)

still dont like the wording nor the need to make up to 4 teams in a coop mission just to utilize team actions more....where i dont use team actions as it is cause i alrdy find the game easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.